Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Impaction 3.5 y/o Male Guinea Pig- Build Up in Perenial Sac?

PokeyPig

Cavy Slave
I have a 3.5 y/o boar and though he seems to be defecating pretty much normally I've been noticing more frequent build up in his perenial sac. He is often having "stuck together" or oddly shaped clumpy feces as well. I've cleaned out his sac a couple of times recently but I'm wondering if I'm going to have to start doing this daily or every other day. His sac seems to get quite full but I don't want to over clean or cause him distress if it isn't necessary. I've already reviewed the information on Guinea Lynx about impaction. It was very helpful but it doesn't really say how often to do it- and my pig is passing quite a bit of feces normally so he isn't unable to defecate. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Can I use coconut oil-mine is a "solid" in the jar so would I just stick the q tips in it?

Sure, you can use it.

Is your male active? Does he have a companion?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.