Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy 2 pregnant piggies:)

abi.25

Cavy Slave
hello:)

i have 2 pregnant piggies(pregnant before i had them)
ive had them 6 weeks and theyre massive the babies ra emoving round like crazy

i have read somewhere about the pelvis? i can fit my finger between what i think is the pelvis, my fingers about 1cm where exactly is the pelvis?

i have read the guinealynx page and am ready for the birth

i was just wondering how long it will be??

i know theyre pregnant for 9 weeks but surely they cant go on for more and they were visibly pregnant when i got them

thanks ❤️

They are pregnant for i believe 57 to 72 days which is 8 to 10 weeks. If you think your finger fits between the pelvis then she can have the babies right away. But the say if they start moving the bedding(if you use it) or if the start going in circles, then they are anywhere between 12 and 24 hrs from giving birth. The pelvis is located just above the back legs i believe. If you have had them for six weeks now then they will probably be due in the next 2 weeks or less. They say that if they have had a litter before then the pregnancies after will be shorter

Once you can see/feel the babies moving, it's usually going to happen within 2 weeks! The average of the gestation is usually 63 days, good luck!

she gave birth last night:)
[GuineaPigCages.com] 2 pregnant piggies:)
one little boy :)

He's adorable.

he's just too cute. Congrats. Now play the waiting game for your other g pig to give birth.

yes haha, i know what the pelvis is like the day before now:), my second pregnant piggies is in a cage FULL of hay on here own ready to give birth :)

btw he's 161g is that good?

I'm not familiar with what weights for them are ok. She(the pregnant piggy) weighs 161g?

the baby weighs 161gs ahah, the mum weighs nearly 900g :)

Oh ok thats good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.