Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

2 hour horse ride!! GREAT!!

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
Today I went on a 2 hour horse ride with my friend Meghanlol ! It was so fun(EVEN THOUGH IT WAS FLIPPIN FREEZING!!!), we went all alone the road and on the bridle path for 2 hours! Except when we sat down for a quick stop on a bench I let go of my horse for a couple of seconds, and by that time he was cantering up the road. I was so thankfull that there were no cars coming! I am laughing about it now, but at the time, it was really scary. Meghan had to tie her pony up to try and help me catch him, It wasnt easy, let me tell you!:D

x0PiggyPerson0x

Cavy Slave
You are so lucky! I wish I could ride horses, but the riding stables anywhere near us cost a small mint! Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating, but it is a lot.

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
The horse riding stables at my dads house is £12 for 2 hours, its really cheap!

Becky cavy mad

Cavy Slave
Wow your so lucky! I can ride but i dont have my own horse. : ( Where I ride it costs £18 an hour!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
That so good - I wanted to take up horse riding but it was £18 per hour which is way too expensive. I can't believe you went out in this weather :( I've got a brain freeze from it!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
My lessons were about $45 US an hour. I also rode at a saddleseat place that was $30 for half an hour. Keeping and riding horses is an expensive hobby.

If you are not planning on showing anymore and have reached an advanced/intermediate level and are completely comfortable with everything you probably don't need lessons and can go on on your own, if you have your own horse like I have. I still maintain a level of knowledge to be able to compete occasionally. If you are going into serious competition you should be riding 5 days a week with two lessons a week at least.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
That must have been fun! Me and my friend went on a two hour bike ride on monday, 10 miles. I would have loved to have a horse at that time so I didn't have to petal! lol Luckily, it wasn't cold out like now, it was 70 degress F on monday! Right now it's about 30. I always wanted to go horse back riding. I did it a few times at my aunt's house when she had her horse and it was loads of fun!