Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression 2 Female being aggressive

kjemerson6714

Cavy Slave
I have 3 GP, two of them came from the same store. They are about 1 ? years ago and been together the whole time. They would only hump each other, but recent the fight almost every 2 days and then act like everything never happened. The other I guess (wasn't home) they got in a bad fight that one of my GP now has a corneal ulcer. Should I put them in separate cages, but still see each other or put them in a cage together?

Any help or thoughts are welcome. Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
How large is the cage? And are there spaces in it where one pig can trap another, like a pigloo? Lack of space is one of the major reasons for guinea pig aggression, and a face wound is a pretty classic sign of a pig that's trapped another and gotten its face slashed..

How sure are you of their ages? Ovarian cysts can make a sow might grumpy, but if they're all only about a year old, that's not likely to be the problem.

kjemerson6714

Cavy Slave
There cage is 2 x 6 (C&C). I have put a second holes in the pigloos when they started fighting. I got them when they were about 6 months old, a vet checked up on them after I got them. Its been a year and 1/2 so that means they are about 2 years old. They have a lot of room and there is nothing new/ change in this past month to make them fight aggressively like this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You might want to consider getting an ultrasound on the most aggressive one and see if ovarian cysts are developing.