Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

2 Boars for Apoption ASAP

Denise

Cavy Slave
Hi all, I hope this is the right place for this, and if not I apologize, but I just got two boars who I need to place right away. My husband is ticked at me for taking them in! I have no pictures of them yet and virtually no details, but can't keep them. The previous owner says they are very healthy, relatively young and good boys. If anyone is interested, please PM me right away and I will have more details and pictures later this evening. Forgot to mention I'm in northern Ohio.

Why don't you just have you husband be mad ar you for a few days? I wish I could help you out. Try talking to hime.

He currently isn't talking to me. First time ever!

Maybe it isn't such a bad thing then ;) I hope you can find a good home for them, You could give them back to the shelter...

Dagwell, I didn't get them from a shelter, I got them from a friend of my two daughters. They are going on vacation and don't want to care for them anymore.

Oh, that's sad. Have you tried listing them in classifieds at www.petfinder.com or (broken link removed)? Also, www.gpan.net or www.craigslist.org pets under your city?

Can you take any pics or know the breed? Sometimes people are looking for certain kind of piggie. Put up flyers in vet offices and pet (supply) stores. Sometimes that helps.

I might be worried if there was someone looking for a certain kind of piggie. I've seen great people on here say they once had a sheltie and miss having one, but breeders could probably say the same thing and sound genuine if they knew how to act. Good luck with the pigs and your husband. I almost got a pregnant pig that had some roaning and had been in a cage with about 10 males, some of which also had roaning, the other day- knowing I'd be supporting a pet store and that my fiance would kill me were the only two things that stopped me. If it weren't for the pet store thing I would have probably risked it.

What city are you in? I may beable to take them.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Denise said:
I got them from a friend of my two daughters. They are going on vacation and don't want to care for them anymore.
I don't think that their original owners wanted the pigs anymore, which is why Denise has them now. She seems to be rehoming them because she is unable to care for them herself :)

Pooh, please read more carefully, for goodness sake! Katie, thank you so much for your reply. I am in Elyria in Lorain County. Can't remember where you are, but we are definatly willing to meet half way! We finally have them in their new home. They were in a very small store bought cage with NO hay, awful food and CEDAR bedding! They are now in a C&C 3X2 with fresh veggies, hay, clean water, toys and loving it! Brownie is small and solid chocolate brown and Beijing is white and peach with red eyes. Brownie is very inquisitive and Beijing purrs a lot. They cuddle together in their hidey-houses and seem very healthy. PM me Katie and we can chat or e-mail me at [email protected].

Perhaps it is more worrisome with piggies. There are some people with poor intentions. People usually call the rabbit rescues looking for lops only or rexes, but they are spayed/ neutered before going out. Same with dogs. People want small ones, chihuahuas, or something. It's up to you to do screening.

You can tell sometimes in your gut or sometimes they just keep talking and stuff like that comes out.

sasha said:
I might be worried if there was someone looking for a certain kind of piggie. I've seen great people on here say they once had a sheltie and miss having one, but breeders could probably say the same thing and sound genuine if they knew how to act. Good luck with the pigs and your husband. I almost got a pregnant pig that had some roaning and had been in a cage with about 10 males, some of which also had roaning, the other day- knowing I'd be supporting a pet store and that my fiance would kill me were the only two things that stopped me. If it weren't for the pet store thing I would have probably risked it.

Ok, ready for this, my girls sexed them this morning and guess what, one is a girl! I'm in the process of separating them, and boy they won't be happy! I have never seen two pigs cuddle so much. They are inseparable. Oh well.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
That makes things harder because there is now a good chance the sow could be pregnant. So anyone that may want to adopt her needs to be informed of her possible pregnancy.

Have you posted on www.guinealynx.info/forums yet? There are several members there along with a few rescues/rescuers that are in Ohio and may be able to take them.

Thanks Ly, I am setting up an account with them as we speak. They are now separated and am sorry I haven't gotten pics yet, but we've been incredibly busy around here and having to create a new cage and separate them hasn't helped the chaos.

They are now listed on GuineaLynx. I keep promising pics, but grocery shopping first!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.