Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting 2 boars already

Rach84

Cavy Slave
I already have 2 5 month old boys at the moment and was just wondering if getting another would work or ruin the pair I already have? Would it be worth getting my current pair done an adding a female or adding another baby boy? My cage is 3x5 with a 1x3 loft - is that enough room for 3?

Or would it be better to add 2 females (obviously if I had them neutered 1st)

what is everyone's advice? Xx

Razzle

Cavy Slave
Two fellows will not remain pals while sharing a home with a lady or two even if they are neutered. Need to stay with all boys in your home. They are so sweet.

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
I think your cage is big enough, and I think if you added a baby it would keep the dynamics better, or perhaps an older more mature male, since your are 5 months and maybe haven't gone through puberty yet?

Cavy Treenie

Cavy Slave
I think they would be fine having an older gentlepig living with them, it may even help as they go through puberty, but I definitely wouldn't get a female. I have never had boys before, but my friends have. I hope you find a nice little friend for them.

Rach84

Cavy Slave
No females! Check xx

Would I be better letting mine mature a little 1st? I just started thinking about a 3rd after dropping food an treats off with my local rescue an they had tiny little pigs - I don't want to go upsetting my little men tho xx

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
To be honest, if they are getting along well, I would not mess things up by adding another pig.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.