Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Weight Loss 10g weight loss, should I be worried??

M.and.F.Piggies

Cavy Slave
So far in my first month of piggie ownership, I have seen diarrhea, and mites in Daisy, and surgery to fix broken leg for Maisie. Just when I think I'm on the home straight, Poppy the only one I thought was really healthy gives me cause for concern.
At this weeks weigh in Poppy has lost 10g in 8 days, she seems to be eating, drinking, pooing and behaving normally, but I'm worried. Should I be??
Here is how my records look:

Date 23 Feb 2 Mar 8 Mar 10 Mar

Poppy 534g 579g 575g 569g

Daisy 492g 524g 551g 559g

Maisie 359g n/a 404g 424g

Daisy had an ivermectin injection and her and Maisie both had 5 days of Baytril, I'm wondering is Poppy suffering from something that the meds has indirectly cleared up in the other two?
Opinions and advice would be very welcome

I wouldn't worry about ten grams, but keep an eye on the trend.

I wouldn't worry about ten grams, but keep an eye on the trend.
After every thing I'm probably getting a bit neurotic with my piggies, but I think they've given me good reason

Normal service seams to have been resumed :) This week Poppy has put on 47g, she is now 626g, and since Daisy got her mite problem sorted she is catching up with Poppy, she has gained 49g this week, and now weighs 608g, Even Maisie with all she's been through has gained 33g, and is now weighing in at 457g. Over all I'm feeling a bit better about the girls prospects :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.