Thread: Need Help Introducing Guinea Pigs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/4 Posts

Question Need Help Introducing Guinea Pigs?

As my first piggy, Aela is my only piggy. I wanted to adopt only her so i could get familiar with behaviors before getting her a friend. I was homeschooled this year, so i was able to take her out and hold her and let her have floortime a lot. But, i am going back to public school, and she's gonna be lonely for 7 and a half hours a day, and even afterwards, i'm gonna have to do schoolwork!
    So, me and my parents agreed to get another guinea pig (Female, i believe i have properly sexed Aela, if you guys can give me tips for that as well, that would be wonderful), but i need help introducing them together, because Aela really shows dominance. For instance, she grabs her lettuce and takes off to protect it, and she sits on her hay to make sure nobody can take it!
    Any help would really be appreciated! Thank you!
    Because the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? Jean Paul Richter

Mentioned
    2114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4076 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7,520 Rec'd/6,009 Posts

Re: Need Help Introducing Guinea Pigs?

Read these two articles: www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm (the intro section is about halfway down) and http://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html.

For sexing help, see www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm. Or you can post pictures here and someone will help. Make sure the pictures are well lit and very clear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/4 Posts

Re: Need Help Introducing Guinea Pigs?

Thank you! I'll try to take pictures, but my piggy doesn't like staying on her back for very long, so it will be hard to sex her and take pictures
    Because the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? Jean Paul Richter

User Tag List