Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Need Help Introducing Guinea Pigs?

CavyLover00

Cavy Slave
As my first piggy, Aela is my only piggy. I wanted to adopt only her so i could get familiar with behaviors before getting her a friend. I was homeschooled this year, so i was able to take her out and hold her and let her have floortime a lot. But, i am going back to public school, and she's gonna be lonely for 7 and a half hours a day, and even afterwards, i'm gonna have to do schoolwork!
So, me and my parents agreed to get another guinea pig (Female, i believe i have properly sexed Aela, if you guys can give me tips for that as well, that would be wonderful), but i need help introducing them together, because Aela really shows dominance. For instance, she grabs her lettuce and takes off to protect it, and she sits on her hay to make sure nobody can take it!
Any help would really be appreciated! Thank you!

CavyLover00

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I'll try to take pictures, but my piggy doesn't like staying on her back for very long, so it will be hard to sex her and take pictures

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.