Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    89 Rec'd/31 Posts

Smile Rescue story's...?

I was just wondering if you had any rescue stories you wanted to share.

I don't know what my piggies history is since I forgot to ask the owner of the rescue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WILLOWPIC1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	65100

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    582 Rec'd/536 Posts

Re: Rescue story's...?

Well mine are roughly 3 years old. Our humane society isn't exactly sure of their exact age. They are males and believed to be brother's. I got them after I lost my Star. Sadly they had a rough start in life. They were bought from a pet store (not by me). Their first home decided to give them up. Then were then adopted by another family. Then 8 months later returned because they didn't want to care for them anymore. So they called me because I left them my number after Star had died. So now they are with me and living the pampered life. I don't know why anyone would want to give them up because they are just the sweetest things. They are now on fleece bedding which was a new thing for them. They moment I placed them on the fleece they popcorned like crazy. I've had them since march (I adopted them during adopt a rescue guinea pig month ). Their still not entirely trusting of humans but they've definitely got used to me and my mom. Gin-Gin has come around more than Cinna. We still can't pet him while in his cage. The slightest touch sends him running. But the moment he's out for floor or lap time he comes out of his shell. Gin-Gin is the more outgoing, and Cinna is more relaxed he'll go right to sleep in our lap. They really are a character and have their own personality.

3. "Thank you, Starthecavy123, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner RodentCuddles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    842 Rec'd/517 Posts
    Blog Entries

I've just recently added a section to the rescue's website called Case Stories - http://www.aucklandcavycare.org/case-stories

I've only so far written up three stories (Herbie's is a great one) and in my spare time I'll write up the other stories...of course all guineas have stories that should be heard, but since I've got to write them I picked the ones which I thought people should hear.
    Would love it if anyone was interested in reading the stories, I haven't yet fully gone through them and spell checked them.

5. "Thank you, RodentCuddles, for this useful post," say these 2 members:

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    244 Rec'd/228 Posts

@RodentCuddles your stories are so touching! Let us know when more come out!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    869 Rec'd/749 Posts

I adopted Ferb from a co- worker's family. The daughter didn't have time for him anymore and he was "crying" all the time which was bothering them so they were looking to rehome him. They were keeping him in a pet store cage and I'm not clear on whether he was getting unlimited hay. I know the only two veggies they gave him were lettuce and cucumber. I just adopted Penny from the local piggie rescue a couple of weeks ago. She was found in a box in Washington DC in January. She's about 4 months old now, so in January she was a new baby. Now Ferb and Penny live in a 2x4 c&c cage (they are both fixed, I don't believe in breeding) and have unlimited hay and lots of different veggies. They both love cilantro the best!

8. "Thank you, Rywen, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List