Thanks
    Thanks
    54 Rec'd/46 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Unhappy Re-opening Siggy Issue

I wasn't about to post to the previous thread because it was more than 257 days old... But here's what I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by CavySpirit View Post
    Not any more. I had a setting that I missed. We are about reading the content, not promoting a bunch of stuff which inevitably happens when sigs are allowed. That and we have to skip over the same stuff over and over and over again to read the content.

Sorry about the confusion. There are a mountain of moving pieces under the hood and once in a while, I mess up with the settings!
    It kinda stinks because it's helpful to see the names and ages of people's pigs w/o having to search for that when they post and it helps remember who people and their animals are. Also, some people like to be referred to by their real first name. Isn't that what a message board sig should contain? Like this:

Lori
    and my All-Girl Piggy Herd:

Clover, 3 yr. tricolor American and The Boss
    Skyler, 1 yr. B & W Silky
    Darla, 1 yr. pure calico Sheltie
    Dixie, 1 yr. gray & white Abyssinian

Ginger, 1 yr. red & white Cuy, RIP 4/1/14
    Couldn't we have personal siggies and just ban spamming? Seems like a more community-friendly policy to me.

2. "Thank you, gatorgirl, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner MochaAndMoo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    458 Rec'd/301 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Re: Re-opening Siggy Issue

While I would love to have signatures, it does come with some cons.
    Such as the fact a lot of people think it's messy. And for people just browsing (who aren't members of the forum) who have no interest in anything other than the content, it can be bothersome. And of course, people will use it incorrectly for advertisement and spam, which just makes more work for the Moderators and Admins.

4. "Thank you, MochaAndMoo, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    166 Rec'd/116 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

The only problem I have is that some people have a lot of pigs. I've got 7 currently, and have had 13 pigs over 10 years. If I were to list that on each post I made it would take up an extra 10 rows. Now imagine you have 50 people (one page) had between 7-10 rows each, that's between 350 and 500 extra rows that people have to scroll through per page.

You can find this information on peoples profiles so I'm not sure why it would need to be included on every thread.

6. "Thank you, Aertyn, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    18 Rec'd/13 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

I miss having a siggy and personally don't mind scrolling. I don't get finger cramps and have never felt annoyed by long or short siggies. But, I also don't let little things like that stress me out, and some people do *shrugs*

Actually siggies save me time. There are always people whom I disagree with consistently and I make the decision to avoid reading their comments, so siggies make it easy to quickly identify them and just scroll on by.
    Last edited by slendermella; 04-26-14 at 07:06 am.

8. "Thank you, slendermella, for this useful post," says:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    90 Rec'd/79 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

I think maybe some of that could be incorporated in the stats under the person's name/avatar to the left of the post. I kind of don't care how many times a person has been mentioned or quoted, but those stats are on every post. Plus, there's two rows used for "thanks." Number of pigs you have (and number you have had in the past) could be added there instead.

10. "Thank you, LifeAsItMayBe, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List