Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior What Kind of Music Do(es) Your Piggie(s) Like?

Aisteraina

Cavy Slave
I absolutely LOVE music. I decided to let Muffin listen to some music to see what she likes. She seems to relax whenever I play soft songs and most oldies. I don't think she cares much about pop, and she doesn't like rap at all-- which is great because I HATE rap. I didn't show her country music yet, but I am planning to.

What type of music do your pigs or pig like? I would love to see all of the different responses. :eek: If you have never thought of letting your pig(s) listen to music, I highly suggest doing so. Guinea pigs are very unpredictable and it is a fun bonding experience. ;) (Just make sure the music isn't too loud)

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Does the noise of a bag rustling count as music?

pinky

Cavy Slave
I don't think they react to music as much as the bass and the volume of the music. Mine don't like heavy bass.

alblaylock

Cavy Slave
Ha! Haven't thought of this, but I have definitely noticed different reactions to the TV. We watch different shows and they HATE Burn Notice- I assume because it has lots of gun/spy/explosions.

They do seem to perk up and get excited when our alarm (a song) goes off.. but that's only because they know it's breakfast!

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
They do seem to perk up and get excited when our alarm (a song) goes off.. but that's only because they know it's breakfast!

Haha! That's adorable!!! My piggies hear when I get off my bed in the morning so they start wheeking for their breakfast. (Top off of fresh hay.) lol

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Hmm my pigs like Adele when they were little. They like talk radio lol and maybe some pop.

Aisteraina

Cavy Slave
I have definitely noticed different reactions to the TV.

Yup! Me too! Muffin loves watching TV. When her c&c cage used to be in my room and I watched a movie, I would look over at her and she would be laying down looking at the TV. I don't know if it was just a coincidence, but I thought it was adorable. :eek:

farmersdaughter

Cavy Slave
This sounds crazy, but my Wilbur likes 80s music. When he was a baby I had the song Jack and Diane playing he started bobbing his head and moving side to side.

slynnski

Cavy Slave
This sounds crazy, but my Wilbur likes 80s music. When he was a baby I had the song Jack and Diane playing he started bobbing his head and moving side to side.

Your piggy has good taste. :p

Aisteraina

Cavy Slave
Ya, most music these days isn't how it used to be. :sad:

GuineaPigParty

Cavy Slave
My piggies get so happy when I play the song Pony (It Ok) by Erin McCarley.....They that song.... lol

Aisteraina

Cavy Slave

Lol that is too cute :eek:

GuineaPigParty

Cavy Slave
*they love that song!

farmersdaughter

Cavy Slave

Aisteraina

Cavy Slave
My piggies get so happy when I play the song Pony (It Ok) by Erin McCarley.....They love that song.... lol

That's adorable :eek:

Muffin's favorite song is Green Eyes by Coldplay. (by favorite I mean it's the song where she seems happiest) weird... but cute lol

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Ferb doesn't like dinging or pinging or tapping sounds on TV, he makes keep away sounds. He also doesn't like Katy Perry's "Roar". He does seem to like most other music. I sing a lot in the kitchen and he wheeks along (because I'm in the kitchen he thinks he's getting a treat).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.