Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Please flag this is sick

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Oh and while I am at it, you said your pets are on Blue Buffalo? BB uses GMOs
(broken link removed)

melynda

Cavy Slave
And you're simply offensive. Keep insulting people, it says quite a lot about you.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
And you're simply offensive. Keep insulting people, it says quite a lot about you.

It's called having an open mind. You were offended because you were focused on race being used and not looking at the bigger picture.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Like I said we didn't have 24/7 access to the internet so we couldn't search proper diets. And most pet stores were wrong and it's not like we deprived them of meat. They did get it because we did know they are carnivores. We educated ourselves the best and only way we could. And you have to remember I was very young so all our dogs were my parents responsibility not mine. The last time I had a dog or cat I was like 10. Our second boxer bear had blood cancer and the vet said he had to have an exclusive diet if not he would die. And that diet was very expensive so we put him down because he was already suffering we would of just been prolonging the inevitable if we kept up with treatment and the diet. That was the only dog that got ill all of our other dogs died of old age.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
Let's please not turn this into a rage thread. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Oh except for our first boxer rocky he was poisoned by some neighborhood kids. Which was really heart breaking to me especially because we grew up together. He was my protector, my friend, and even my brother. Ever since him I never bonded so much with any other dog because we were so close. Even talking about him makes me feel like crying.

melynda

Cavy Slave
It's called having an open mind. You were offended because you were focused on race being used and not looking at the bigger picture.

And the bigger picture was what, exactly? A non-sensical ad hominem attack that didn't even make sense because it was like comparing apples to oranges?

I didn't say I was offended. I said it was a stupid and unnecessary argument.

Funny you telling people to have an open mind, when you're so prone to throwing insults at anyone you don't agree with.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Like I said we didn't have 24/7 access to the internet so we couldn't search proper diets. And most pet stores were wrong and it's not like we deprived them of meat. They did get it because we did know they are carnivores. We educated ourselves the best and only way we could. And you have to remember I was very young so all our dogs were my parents responsibility not mine. The last time I had a dog or cat I was like 10. Our second boxer bear had blood cancer and the vet said he had to have an exclusive diet if not he would die. And that diet was very expensive so we put him down because he was already suffering we would of just been prolonging the inevitable if we kept up with treatment and the diet. That was the only dog that got ill all of our other dogs died of old age.

My point is, you pointed fingers at raw feeders and called them "sick people" for being educated and feeding their carnivores the way they're supposed to be fed.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Oh and while I am at it, you said your pets are on Blue Buffalo? BB uses GMOs
(broken link removed)

No I just said that as a reference I don't have any dogs or cats. I haven't had any in over 8 years. All I have now is guinea pigs.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I agree with giving them frozen feeder mice because at least they are already dead. This is why I couldn't have a snake.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
And the bigger picture was what, exactly? A non-sensical ad hominem attack that didn't even make sense because it was like comparing apples to oranges?

I didn't say I was offended. I said it was a stupid and unnecessary argument.

Funny you telling people to have an open mind, when you're so prone to throwing insults at anyone you don't agree with.

Did you not read my post? I said it was about sub-species. No species is more important than the others. And it was very obvious that you were offended when you posted "How in the hell did this get to killing black people?!"

I didn't insult anyone, in fact, I was insulted. I am a raw feeder and Starthecavy123 called raw feeders "sick people".

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
No I meant people who BREED rabbits or guinea pigs to be fed to snakes are sick.

I have nothing against feeding them feeder mice because it's their nature its breeding that bugs me. Because you shouldn't breed guinea pigs anyway.

melynda

Cavy Slave
I'm talking about this thread and others. There's a distinct pattern in your behavior.

But hey thanks for telling me how I feel.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Ok we get just stop fighting I'm sorry I even said anything.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
Let's please not fight about whose idea of proper canine care is right or wrong. No one wins in these arguements and it just gets threads closed :(

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
I'm talking about this thread and others. There's a distinct pattern in your behavior.

But hey thanks for telling me how I feel.

I haven't insulted anyone. I post here very few times as of lately. I've had the most activity in the last week than I have in a while. And 90% of those posts were giving the information I know and helping users. Most times I lurk.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Let's please not fight about whose idea of proper canine care is right or wrong. No one wins in these arguements and it just gets threads closed :(

Exactly no one ever wins these arguments. Everyone has their own opinions.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
@Starthecavy123 Okay one thing that is bugging me a little (seriously not trying to be mean or offend you, I just have to know.) ...where do you think the feeder mice that are killed then frozen come from? They're bred to be feeder mice just as the others are. Why are mice okay but rabbits not? I'm not quite understanding that. What do you mean "it's in their" nature? Why is it more in their nature than its in a rabbits, rats, or guinea pigs nature?

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Im saying its in the snakes nature to eat other animals. At least the frozen ones are already dead and your not sending a live animal to its death. I don't know its just when I think rabbit or guinea pig I think pet. I've never had rats or mice as pets befor. It just one of those things people don't talk about openly. I don't know I just can't rap my brain around it. Its like something in my brain is not allowing me to go there. I mean I watched a snake eat a mouse before but not a guinea pig and I don't want to. And I don't know the concerns about breeding rats because I've never had any. I don't know if its as hard on a rat as it is for a guinea pig. When I think feeder rat and rats as pets I don't know I just think something different.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Im saying its in the snakes nature to eat other animals. At least the frozen ones are already dead and your not sending a live animal to its death. I don't know its just when I think rabbit or guinea pig I think pet. I've never had rats or mice as pets befor. It just one of those things people don't talk about openly. I don't know I just can't rap my brain around it. Its like something in my brain is not allowing me to go there. I mean I watched a snake eat a mouse before but not a guinea pig and I don't want to. And I don't know the concerns about breeding rats because I've never had any. I don't know if its as hard on a rat as it is for a guinea pig. When I think feeder rat and rats as pets I don't know I just think something different.

1384310_221204491379462_1981036507_n.jpg

Rats, mice, guinea pigs are rabbits are all equal, and all have the potential to be loving companions. Rats and mice (whether they are feeders or not) make such wonderful pets. It's a shame they are associated with so many horrible stereotypes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.