Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cats/Kittens what is this on my cats ear??

pineapplepigs

Cavy Slave
So this thing has been on my cats ear for a while and she hasnt been showing any signs of illness or anything. My mom brought this up so I thought why not ask on here!(If your wondering about how im holding her it was the only way I could get a picture and she would let me know if it bothered her) boo.jpg

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Maybe its a Cyst cats get it when they fight and dirt or something dirty gets in their skin has anything come out of it if it is i would put some hygrogen peroxide on a tissue or something twice a day and hold it on the bump until you think its ok to take it off maybe like a couple min and it should go away in a week or less

allieh26

Cavy Slave
It could be some sort of benign growth. Our poodle had several all over his back, we decided to have them removed at our vets suggestion. He said that they weren't harmful, but could get busted open and then you risk the chance of infection. They didn't bother him either. I would get it looked at when you have the chance. I know vet bills can get expensive. If it's not changing in anyway I think that is a good sign.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Don't put hydrogen peroxide on it. It's very drying to the tissues, and causes more problems than it solves.

Is the lump hard, or soft? Is it stuck in one place, or does it move under the skin? Is it painful to the cat? Does it look like it has pus in it?

pineapplepigs

Cavy Slave
removed ignore this

Last edited:

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Don't put hydrogen peroxide on it. It's very drying to the tissues, and causes more problems than it solves.

Is the lump hard, or soft? Is it stuck in one place, or does it move under the skin? Is it painful to the cat? Does it look like it has pus in it?
what sort of problems my cat gets cysts all the time and we use it on him and then its gone very quickly

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@adeline13, It kills the tissue around the wound and makes it even harder for a wound to heal.
@pineapplepigs, if the wound is bleeding, then apply light pressure with a clean gauze pad, then put a little antibiotic ointment on it. Answer the questions in my earlier post and we'll figure out where to go from there.

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
@adeline13, It kills the tissue around the wound and makes it even harder for a wound to heal.
@pineapplepigs, if the wound is bleeding, then apply light pressure with a clean gauze pad, then put a little antibiotic ointment on it. Answer the questions in my earlier post and we'll figure out where to go from there.
well ive never had trouble with it its always helped me ill to some reserch thanks for the info

kraizy randoms

Cavy Slave
Hydrogen peroxide isn't good for deep lacerations, growths, or abscesses.

pineapplepigs

Cavy Slave
@allieh26 Thanks. I dont think we need to remove them then. She is pretty old and last time she had surgery she almost died. It has not changed.
@bpatters I wont then. It is soft and it is stuck in one place. It isn't painful to her, and it looks like it has blood or something in it.

Its pretty hard to tell but you can kinda see the blood.

Amalee

Cavy Slave
I don't know anything about cats but it looks like a tick.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.