Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Need help! Guinea pigs being re-introduced problems

• Thread starter Cinnamon n Lily
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnamon n Lily

Cavy Slave
Well a couple months ago i introduced my guinea pigs totally wrong, i didn't have a big enough cage or anything.( they had fought )
Well now i have a big enough cage for the both of them and i decided that spliting there cage was bad, i got new fleece, cleaned the cage grids and
got new hay and everything i filled the cage with new food and hay and put them in , i had some cardboard with me just in case they got in a fight
i was a bit worried so for the first 5 minutes i didn't let them near each other and than i thought i was being a bit paranoid i stopped and watched them they were near each other , following and eating (lily nipped cinnamon a couple times for getting to close while eating ) for about 10 minutes i was watching some YouTube videos on introducing and warning signs, well they started
pointing there noses up and i thought " you know there going to just back down and go back to eating" , yes lily backed down and than came around again and they repeated it and than Cinnamon my eldest started to chatter and they launched at each other i freaked out and put the cardboard inbetween them
whenever they saw each other they tried launching at each other again i got really worried and put back the divider in there cage and now there in there separated sides of the cage eating , i don't know if i left them for too long togethor, or if one of them did something to make the other angry, is what i did bad or i did good seperating them ? and should i reintroduce them again?? please help im really confused with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.