Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Figure Skating?

Squirle

Cavy Slave
Does anyone here Figure skate? Im going to start skating around the end of Spetember and I want to know what you guys think about it. Any comments would be awesome. Also would you ever like to try learning to skate if you dont?

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I love skating. Not really figure skating but I can skate pretty well. My boyfriend is from the Netherlands, and over there you have a pair of skates strapped to your feet the first winter after you learned to walk. It's great to skate on the natural ice, and they have a very spectacular ice rink for speed skating near where his parents live (www.vechtsebanen.nl). I have my own skates (Nike hockey/recreational skates) that are waaaaay more comfortable than figure skates, I'd highly recommend them - (broken link removed). Can't wait till the season starts again and I can get back into it, been a couple of years since I was into it majorly!

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I have only gone skating once but really liked it. I live in Southern California and its kind of hard to find places to skate. There is one that I know about nearby and that's about it.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I can't figure skate but I absolutely love watching it.

Cavykid14

Cavy Slave
I agressive skate.... www.modernskate.com where it shows the rollerblader on the half pipe 2nd from the right, thats me. w00t!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Cool! I really love ice skating - takes my friends about 20 minutes to wrench my hands of the side bar though :) But once I get on the ice I'm fine. I also like rollerblading

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I love ice-skating too! The first time I went I was nervous but once I got going it was great fun! The only thing was that I was worried sick that I might fall over and someone would skate over my hand! I'm too much of a worrier!

ellenvega

Cavy Slave
Don't ice-skate, but I love watching it too! Can't wait for the Winter Olympics to start up in a few months!

Fluff_n_roll

Cavy Slave
Cavykid14 said:
I agressive skate.... www.modernskate.com where it shows the rollerblader on the half pipe 2nd from the right, thats me. w00t!

That's cool!
I like agressive sports! i havn't ever seen rollerblading personaly but it sounds really cool i use to rollerblade all the time when i was 8-9. I like dirt bikes and skate boarding and BMX. I want to learn how to dirt bike, mom and aunt say it wont happen because i'm girl but there are alot of female dirt bike compitions I just have to save up for a bike l.o.l i think it would be so awesome to learn the other sports above too.

Sorry got off track, figure skating? It's cool. I have ice skated one and fell on my butt and got up and fell on my butt again, ":expressio it was at a party:rolleyes: " but if it's something you really would like to do i think you should go for it!!

-Merrit

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I love ice skating! Never have done figure skating but it would be fun.

Squirle

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the coments guys.

Today my mom called the lady who will bgive me my *privet* lessons (yay, I like privet lessons, lol) she is going to call us back this after noon so I'll tell you what she says.

I actually can't skate, but Im going to start figure skating because I love to skate, I love watching skating, I need an activity to do, and I've always wanted to be able to figure skate so nows my chance.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
I always was really picky when I was younger about anything extra on my scheduale (God I can never spell that!) First it was Ballet, then trumpet, then Voilin, then Tap, Jazz, and Irish Dance, then Ballet again, Then piano which I play proffesionally until this day. I've been thinking about double majoring in it *Goes to look at courses*

Cavykid14

Cavy Slave
Yeah I'm going to upload the vids of me skating at a modern skate and surf compitietion, I got 2nd place in the nationals so I think I did farely good :p. I'll post it up when I'm done but it may be a while because I can't find the footage.

laura220

Cavy Slave
I love skating and playing ice hockey. Down the street from my house a basketball court is iced(sprayed with water, it freezes, there ya go!) and it's great to just walk over after school. I can't figure skate but it'd be cool to learn.

Squirle

Cavy Slave
Awesome cavykid! I'd love to see the vids!

avcavies

Cavy Slave
I used to take basic skating lessons but stopped to do horseback riding. Now that I don't have a trainer for riding, I decided to take a break from that and take up skating again. I am getting in the more experienced levels now where I get to learn the fun spin stuff! I love it!

Terekins

Cavy Slave
Skating is SO much fun! I used to take lessons as a kid. You totally should take it up.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I looked at my post here and wondered why the heck my name was here as I don't remember posting on it. Then I looked at the date - this thread is a year and a half old. Ho hum.

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
I love ice skating! Not exactly figure skating, I just do it for fun. I can't do a triple axle or anything, but I go fairly fast!

A park near my house has a really big lake that froze, and people are allowed to skate on it. It's a huge area so it's really nice. It's kind of scary though when it's make the really loud sounds when the ice shifts!

If you want to learn, it's pretty easy, I learned quickly. I think it's very similar to rollerblading.

Oops this thread didn't have any posts since a month ago. Oh well.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
It's cringe worthy reading what you wrote so long ago....eurgh

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.