Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

  1. #1
    Cavy Slave Presuppose's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Angry LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    So I made a bad review for a small cage right? I also mentioned in the feedback something about how they shouldn't sell pets, and something about how they lie to customers about vet guaranteed on your sick pet if you buy one? That's not true! Banfield is not a freaking exotic vet ok. If they take it back from you they'd probably let it runs it's course and eventually die. Like hell they'll pay for the pet bills. I heard sick things like they let sick guinea pigs die and feed them to the snakes. I'm boycotting Petsmart . So I kinda mentioned all that in my feedback and they deleted my account! LOL!

  2. #2
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Mar 23, 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    277 Rec'd/180 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    I work at PetSmart. First, company policy does require all animals be treated when ill. We sign a contract that states we will get all animals vet care when needed, and will not allow animals to be euthanized unless they are dying. Any treatable medical problem, no matter the cost, are suppose to be treated. I have seen many animals driven to emergency vets for specialized problems, and know PetSmart has put out tens of thousands to save animals at my store. Second, technically Banfield does hire exotics vets, however... just because a vet is an exotics vet does not mean they graduated in the top of their class. Half of all vets, graduate in the bottom half of their class. No, my animals are not treated at Banfield. Third, there is a 14 day guarantee. If your animal is sick you can bring it back into PetSmart and they will treat it. They will call you when it is better, and you can come and "repurchase" it.

    Now, just because these policies are implemented by corporate, does not mean they are seen on the individual store level. My store, is very well run and animals are treated extremely well. We even recommend C&C's, and encourage adoptions of small animals.

    While I work at a pet store, I don't support purchasing small animals from pet stores. I work there because I wanted to share my knowledge with others, and be on the front lines. I was pleasantly surprised at how much my co-workers and managers do care about the well being of animals.

  3. "Thank you, ClemmyOddieIndy, for this useful post," say these 8 members:


  4. #3
    Cavy Slave Presuppose's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    That may be your store. I've heard other wise.

  5. #4
    Cavy Slave Presuppose's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    And why did they delete my bad review of cc cage are recommended? Why did they get butthurt when I said I've heard horror stories about them and delete my account if it's not true?

  6. #5
    Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Artista's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 17, 2013
    Location
    San Francisco Area, CA
    Posts
    2,242
    Thanks
    425
    Thanks
    504 Rec'd/376 Posts
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Quote Originally Posted by Presuppose View Post
    And why did they delete my bad review of cc cage are recommended? Why did they get butthurt when I said I've heard horror stories about them and delete my account if it's not true?
    ClemmyOddieIndy said her store is not like others. Obviously the place you reviewed isn't like hers and don't want bad press. That's not uncommon in all kinds of stores. I've had my review deleted when I made a small critical remark about something I've bought, not real bad, but still, it was gone pretty quick. That's why I don't take stock in any reviews on the store's website itself. All negatives are deleted and so the store/product looks fantastic. That's how it goes. If you want a more honest take on an item, don't read reviews off the store's website itself.

  7. "Thank you, Artista, for this useful post," says:


  8. #6
    Cavy Slave IrishCavy's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 18, 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    29
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    I agree fully with Clemmy, and can vouch for the fact that they do as she said... I bought a pair from them in Millbury, MA, and they definitely cared for the piggies. I returned one of mine so it could get treatment when I figured out it had a respiratory issue, and they treated it and called me and offered him back to me when he was better.

    In ANY kind of large business there is going to be a few locations that just don't act right, but you cannot let it reflect on ALL of them. That's like if you meet a person, and because they act like a jerk, you assume their entire family is. That's not right.

    I am an animal addict, and have shopped in MANY different PetSmart and Petco locations, and many non-chain pet stores up and down the east coast. I have found there is one golden rule: Look at the fish.

    If the fish tanks are cloudy, have dead fish, or are covered in algae, etc, and the fish logs (usually found near the sink) show that they are only fed every 3 days, you bet your ass they don't care for the guinea pigs. That is a store that gives not a single poo about their livestock.

    (Side note: Turns out that one I bought wasn't as female as claimed, but that isn't neglect, it's naivety. New guy. the manager then showed him how to sex them after they realized that oversight.)
    Last edited by IrishCavy; 03-18-14 at 10:04 pm. Reason: Location change on store named

  9. #7
    Cavy Slave Presuppose's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    I did say that may be your store. Never said I didn't believe her.

  10. #8
    Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner ThePigAlchemist's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 30, 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,443
    Thanks
    164
    Thanks
    859 Rec'd/692 Posts
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quoted
    393 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    My opinion is that, since Petsmart and other pet stores that sell animals are promoting the overpopulation of pets as well as the horrible condition in pet mills, I won't patronize them. I have no doubt that they want to make their products look good and would delete negative reviews. However, there's a lot of people involved in the chain, corporate as well as individual stores. No matter how good a particular store is, though, I won't buy from it because it promotes the bottom line of the company.

    I'm sure that not all of the sick pigs are euthanized or just left to die (though I've heard stories of some that were), but the care given to sick pigs that are "returned" to the store is pretty substandard in my experience. When I was in high school, I had a guinea pig I had bought from a pet store who had a URI. We returned him to the store, and they gave him antibiotics mixed in his water while he was in a cage in the back room for a couple weeks. Since that method gives no way of knowing how much of the meds he was actually consuming (if it was even the right antibiotic to even do anything for his URI), I would have been much better off taking him to the vet myself. I wish I had. Somehow he was healthy when I got him back, but he was sickly for his whole life, which was sadly only three years.

  11. #9
    Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner spudsthepiget's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 15, 2013
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,248
    Blog Entries
    27
    Thanks
    818
    Thanks
    405 Rec'd/215 Posts
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    A few weeks ago, petco came out with an ad for a guinea pig exercise ball with a picture of a pig inside one. I signed up for an account and wrote a review on it titled "Not for guinea pigs" and a few of the reasons why it's a health hazard, and they wouldn't even publish it.

  12. "Thank you, spudsthepiget, for this useful post," say these 2 members:


  13. #10
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Mar 23, 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    277 Rec'd/180 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Quote Originally Posted by Presuppose View Post
    And why did they delete my bad review of cc cage are recommended? Why did they get butthurt when I said I've heard horror stories about them and delete my account if it's not true?
    They deleted your account because it's slanderous if you said there what you said here, and it's based on hearsay.

    There are many arguments you can make against pet stores, and PetSmart. But, if you are going to make arguments again them use evidence you can support (i.e. there are pigs in shelters being euthanized, they get their animals from horrible mills, etc.).

  14. #11
    Cavy Slave Presuppose's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    I doubt Peta would make false accusations anyway. They are supposed to be fighters of animal rights. They cannot afford to have a black market on their record with such a serious accusation. And I hope youre all right. But I will admit I got Gizmo from there to see if he'll be healthy. He was healthy for a month then developed the strep infection. Saw something weird with his right eye and rushed him to the available exotic vet I found. So definitely not buying pets anymore. Adopted Truffles for 25.

  15. #12
    Cavy Slave Presuppose's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Black mark. Can't edit on phone app.

  16. #13
    Cavy Slave kanojochan's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 08, 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    73
    Thanks
    83 Rec'd/61 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Veterinarians at Banfield, while having "exotics" training at school, usually forget a lot of the info since they work with 99% dogs and cats. Can't fault them for forgetting info that they don't ever use They use all sorts of reference books on how to treat them, though. Petsmart takes their sick pets in and the vets do their best, but it isn't the same as going to an exotics specialist who sees them all the time. Plus, unfortunately, Petsmart isn't going to pay for radiographs or surgery for "low margin" animals like rats/hamsters/guinea pigs.

  17. #14
    Cavy Slave Presuppose's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    OK fine. You're right about Peta. But there is a lot of stuff I don't agree on with petsmart. But for those who go to petsmart I have written fabulous reviews for the best products you can buy in pet stores which is oxbow. Since kms is online based. Can't believe oxbow had no reviews at all . But when I got Gizmo. The guy told me I didn't have to get him a friend. So the was a no no. I'm just going to go to a family owned outscore. Their food and hay are much cheaper with the same brand.

  18. #15
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Mar 23, 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    277 Rec'd/180 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Quote Originally Posted by kanojochan View Post
    Veterinarians at Banfield, while having "exotics" training at school, usually forget a lot of the info since they work with 99% dogs and cats. Can't fault them for forgetting info that they don't ever use They use all sorts of reference books on how to treat them, though. Petsmart takes their sick pets in and the vets do their best, but it isn't the same as going to an exotics specialist who sees them all the time. Plus, unfortunately, Petsmart isn't going to pay for radiographs or surgery for "low margin" animals like rats/hamsters/guinea pigs.
    Banfield sees exotics all the time. They treat the animals in the store. The animals usually come sick, because they come from a mill. They probably see more URI's than any other exotics vet. But... that doesn't mean they are good at treating other ailments.

    As for expensive treatment, they do pay for it if the store treats the animals as they are supposed to. As mentioned, we sign a contract stating we will get all lifesaving treatments needed. I remember them even taking a snake for surgery once (not to Banfield).
    @Presuppose - I agree, there is a lot of stuff I don't agree with too. I'm just saying... there's a lot of sketchy stuff that we know for a FACT is happening and it is generalizable across the stores (and even the industry). Focusing on that as your critique would make it more likely your arguments will be heard and listened to (because you can support it, as opposed to hearsay which you can't).

  19. #16
    Cavy Slave Presuppose's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Petstore. Sigh I get autocorrect. Yay phones.

  20. #17
    Cavy Slave kanojochan's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 08, 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    73
    Thanks
    83 Rec'd/61 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmyOddieIndy View Post
    Banfield sees exotics all the time. They treat the animals in the store. The animals usually come sick, because they come from a mill. They probably see more URI's than any other exotics vet. But... that doesn't mean they are good at treating other ailments.

    As for expensive treatment, they do pay for it if the store treats the animals as they are supposed to. As mentioned, we sign a contract stating we will get all lifesaving treatments needed. I remember them even taking a snake for surgery once (not to Banfield).
    That's true, it's different depending on location, but they treat mostly wet tail for hamsters and URIs for GPs. A lot of Banfield vets aren't comfortable enough with exotic medicine to do more complicated procedures like taking and interpreting radiographs or performing surgeries, which is probably when Petsmart takes the animals to an exotics vet.

  21. #18
    Cavy Slave IrishCavy's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 18, 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    29
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Quote Originally Posted by spudsthepiget View Post
    A few weeks ago, petco came out with an ad for a guinea pig exercise ball with a picture of a pig inside one. I signed up for an account and wrote a review on it titled "Not for guinea pigs" and a few of the reasons why it's a health hazard, and they wouldn't even publish it.
    I always get mad when I see those giant excersize balls with pigs on em. That's plain old money grubbing.

  22. #19
    Cavy Slave IrishCavy's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 18, 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    29
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Quote Originally Posted by Presuppose View Post
    I did say that may be your store. Never said I didn't believe her.
    Those big chain stores do need SERIOUS training and regular surprise inspections in my opinion, no matter how good the individual store may or may not be.

  23. #20
    Cavy Slave Presuppose's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    3
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: LOL! Petsmart deleted my account!

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishCavy View Post
    Those big chain stores do need SERIOUS training and regular surprise inspections in my opinion, no matter how good the individual store may or may not be.
    I 100% support this idea.

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •