Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Store bought cage, need ideas for decorating

AmberCalzone

Cavy Slave
I use a 4x4 pet cargo liner for my cage bottom (which is actually a dog playpen), it works wonderfully! The best part is the entire set up was less than $80, and it's 16 square feet.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
@Artista Your cage is very simple yet cute....I guess organized is the best word and u love it! I see you have a corner hay rack, but can I ask.... How do you clean around it... Can you maybe send me pics of the hay rack so I can see how toy do it? I've tried is and it was kind of OK for my girls except I ditched it after the first fleece washing because u couldn't get the fleece back under it.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Artista Your cage is very simple yet cute....I guess organized is the best word and u love it! I see you have a corner hay rack, but can I ask.... How do you clean around it... Can you maybe send me pics of the hay rack so I can see how toy do it? I've tried is and it was kind of OK for my girls except I ditched it after the first fleece washing because u couldn't get the fleece back under it.

Yeah, I like things simple and as easy to care for as possible. The vertical hay rack is in her kitchen. 1 x 2 of the cage is the kitchen with wood pellets as the litter. I don't take it out as it's secured with zip ties to the cage. I shovel out all the litter I can then take a vacuum it it. I don't worry about under the hay rack as it's just pellets under it. I just clean around it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.