Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Grids available online (Aussie website) Bases and ramps will come soon

Chefette

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,
one of my mates who keeps bunnies linked me this site that has just started stocking cubes, they havent got the coroplast bases yet or ramps but they are updating the shop soon to stock all those. They also have a selection of cute cuddle sacks, hay feeders, top fill bottles and cheap shampoos and stuff!
I was having a hard time finding these things here so hopefully this will be helpful to you guys as well!

(broken link removed)

Hope this helps!
<3

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I'd be hesitant to purchase off them, they've had the grids listed as 'pre-order' for over a year and the delivery date has changed a couple times.

Chefette

Cavy Slave
ah well back to the drawing board I guess.. Try bunnings again.

Rizzy

Cavy Slave
I actually purchased more grids from that site. The grids did end up arriving when they said they would. The only issue I have with the grids was that they aren't as thick/sturdy as the ones I previously bought on eBay. In order to make make a base for the cage, I had to completely replace my original grids with the new ones because the new connectors were too small for the bigger grids. But I would still recommend them if you have no other way of getting grids.

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I was under the impression that they've been on pre-order a couple of times because they keep selling out (which would explain the different arrival dates too). Glad to hear that Rizzy actually received some grids from them, too.

Chefette

Cavy Slave
Well my mate has a bunny and she got these grids that only connect side by side and not at the bottom for very cheap at Sams warehouse. Would that work? Could always cable tie? (Or weld)

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Puppy play pens work well for piggies too. Though I think many rabbits could jump over the ones from Sam's Warehouse!

Chefette

Cavy Slave
Well I called all the Sams warehouses and they are on sale business wide next weekend for 20. They are at least two cubes high and my friend has used some panels as a lid. That and her bun bun is a tad stupid

prettypiggie

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know if you can get grids from Costco or Bunnings.....I am in the ACT! :)

mejika

Cavy Slave
After doing some searching on here it seems that Bunnings no longer stocks the grids/cubes. The last people who mentioned buying them said they were on the discount tables and reduced as they were discontinued lines... Has anyone seen any in any Bunnings stores recently? I just checked out my local store but nothing, though it is a smaller store so I will stop in and check next time I go past another bigger one.

I found the Rubbermaid ones on the Rubbermaid website, which are tantalisingly available to view here: (broken link removed) But when I emailed them to find out about stockists, as it says to on the product site, they said that the product is no longer in their range and was discontinued at the start of last year :( They said Bunnings and Reject Shop purchased them previously.

Despite that, I have found some on this site: (broken link removed) which says they're in stock however with shipping I think it becomes a little expensive...?

I've signed up to the Aldi newsletter so hopefully I'll found out if they stock them again.

I'm also going to email Guinea Pigs Australia to find out what's happening with those listed on their site.

I've seen the ones at Daiso however I'd love some with the joiners if possible.

Would love to know anyone else's experiences with finding grids (especially in Melbourne!) lately :)

mejika

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much for your reply. It's such a pity about Bunnings!

I had a look at the grids on Amazon and the price is good but the shipping adds up a bit. I looked at a 6-cube set in white and according to my calculations with the shipping info it will cost $45 for shipping.

I might look into the Daiso grids, just need to check the inner squares are the minimum required for those little piggy heads!

lunarminx

Cavy Slave

mejika

Cavy Slave
Just an update on the latest grid info I've come across...

I emailed Aldi to ask about whether they could tell me if they'd be stocking grids again in any of their weekly specials. It took a while to get a reply but they said they can confirm that they don't stock that product :( I hope they just mean regularly, although I think I was clear about the weekly specials thing.

I've made a cage out of the grids from Daiso. The stores here in Melbourne seem to vary a lot in what sized grids and how many they stock. I've found the Chadstone store to have to biggest variety of sizes.

I also got corflute from Bunnings. It took a bit of cutting and taping but seems ok. They did actually have much bigger sheets in black that weren't advertised on their website but which I saw in store. It was black though and I wanted white and also I don't think it would have fit in my car!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.