Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pigsitting I'm looking for a piggysitter in the NYC area

ashiffman

Cavy Slave
Looking for a place to board my 2 piggies while I'm gone for a week. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Presuppose

Cavy Slave
Hey try going on yelp website for petboarding. Might cost more than getting a friend or a family member but that is for the last resort. Cuddles and Tails is NYC and they take care of guinea pigs too. Good luck. I would help you but sadly I live on the other side of the USA in California :p

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I asked Ferb's vet and she recommended a pet sitter that boards guinea pigs. So if you have an exotics vet that's one source of possible info.

ashiffman

Cavy Slave
Thanks, guys. If anyone in the NYC area is interested, I'd love to start a GP sitter exchange. I'll look after yours while you're gone, and you look after mine! I have very friendly neighbors who don't mind looking in on the piggies, but I'd feel much better knowing that they're being cared for by someone who is familiar with piggies, and doesn't mind picking them up every now and then.

EllaBellaMuffin

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Looking for a place to board my 2 piggies while I'm gone for a week. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I live in NYC and have 3 female guinea pigs and 2 female foster Guinea pigs. We can workout a deal, because I would need a pig sitter sometimes in the future? Email me [email protected]

ashiffman

Cavy Slave
Emailing you now. If anyone else out there is interested - the more the merrier!

maemae

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm in Brooklyn. I've kept guinea pigs before and planning to adopt a couple soon. When I do, I'd love to set up a sitter exchange. I moved here from the UK not long ago and don't have any local friends who can help out!

EllaBella, I just saw your post - are your two female pigs looking for a home?

EllaBellaMuffin

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm in Brooklyn. I've kept guinea pigs before and planning to adopt a couple soon. When I do, I'd love to set up a sitter exchange. I moved here from the UK not long ago and don't have any local friends who can help out!

EllaBella, I just saw your post - are your two female pigs looking for a home?

Yes, we just started to foster them two days ago, they are looking for forever home, they are really sweet guinea pigs. Email me if u need more info [email protected]

maemae

Cavy Slave
Sounds great! I've emailed you.

ashiffman

Cavy Slave
Hi Maemae,
Welcome to New York! My mom is from London, so I call myself half-British even though I was born in the US :) I would love to talk about doing a sitter exchange. Where do you live in Brooklyn?

Edited by bpatters: @ashiffman, I've removed your personal information for your own protection. This is a public forum, and it's never a good idea to put that kind of information online in a public space. If you click on @maemae's name, you'll see an option to send her a private message, and you can include that information there.

Last edited by a moderator:

maemae

Cavy Slave
Thanks Andrea! I'm pretty much 100% British (one grandfather was Irish) but I'm hoping one day I'll have US citizenship, or at the very least a proper working visa! We moved here for my husband's job and although I'm studying I'm going a bit crazy not having a job! I've emailed you, so hopefully we can figure something out.

Presuppose

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the US. I hope you like it here and enjoy your stay :)

Izuro

Cavy Slave
I live in Brooklyn NY and have two girls. I would be interested in being part of a sitter exchange as well. Sadly I don't know how it works in terms of having an additional cage etc...

EllaBellaMuffin

Cavy Slave
I live in Brooklyn NY and have two girls. I would be interested in being part of a sitter exchange as well. Sadly I don't know how it works in terms of having an additional cage etc...

Hey, I live in Manhattan and I have 3 females as well. I can sit pigs.

maemae

Cavy Slave
Hey, I live in Manhattan and I have 3 females as well. I can sit pigs.

Yay! So many girl pigs in NYC. Mine are two females as well. Yeah, I'm not sure how it would work either but if it wasn't too far I'd be Ok with popping round to feed and things once a day. I don't have a car so moving cages is tricky!

EllaBellaMuffin

Cavy Slave
Yay! So many girl pigs in NYC. Mine are two females as well. Yeah, I'm not sure how it would work either but if it wasn't too far I'd be Ok with popping round to feed and things once a day. I don't have a car so moving cages is tricky!

I think so too, popping in and feeding, checking the water, sweeping the poop and stuff like that, but I am sure things can be worked out. Where do u live in Brooklyn. I live in Upper East side 90s

maemae

Cavy Slave
I'm in bed-stuy, close to the A/C at Nostrand ave and the G at Bedford Nostrand.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.