Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits New Bunny

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
Definitely curious as to whats happening with the miss!

MommaOfFour

Cavy Slave

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I am so sorry! I have been so busy I forgot to update!

Pepper did not have babies. I took her to the vet yesterday for her check up after pushing everything back due to sick kids. The vet confirmed she was not pregnant. I scheduled her spay for 2 weeks from now as next week just didn't work well for us. The vet did not have an explanation for the movement I was seeing. Crazy! I really wanted to know what that was if anything.

Pepper did go with my son and I to a play date event today. She was the Easter bunny and the preschoolers got to feed her springs of cilantro and carrots. She handled the whole experience well and even enjoyed all the attention from the little kids.

IMG_3831.jpg

She took a nap under my stroller when the kids played on the playground.

IMG_3828.jpg

melynda

Cavy Slave
Aww. Yay Pepper!! I guess that explains why she didn't seem terribly interested in her nesting box.

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
She did end up making a nest and pulling fur, though. Just a false pregnancy. It happens to rabbits. At least we can spay her and we will get her a buddy as soon as we move into our new home. Yay!

melynda

Cavy Slave
Ah that's right I forgot she eventually used it. Well I'm glad she's healthy and happy! Such a pretty girl!!

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
She looks soo much different from the first picture you had! Wow, shes so beautiful :)

MommaOfFour

Cavy Slave
no problem, I was just wondering and keeping my fingers crossed she's doing good!
that's wonderful news though I was really looking forward to baby bun pics ;)
she does look so healthy and happy, thanks for everything you have done for her and continue to do!

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
She looks soo much different from the first picture you had! Wow, shes so beautiful :)

She does! She has gained almost 2 pounds since being with us and has started to develop a little dewlap. Her fur, which was brown in some spots, has turned all black and she just looks happier. She does binkies and zoomies all throughout the apartment. She loves to do circles around the couch. She is mostly fearless and will greet people when they come in the door and I got her to stop peeing on the couch!!! Yay!! I still don't trust her enough to leave her out if I'm not in the room but at least she knows I'll clap at her if she gets on the couch. I am still working on litter training her with poop though that will probably improve once she is spayed.

Pepper has learned to come when she is called and to go back to her cage when told. I have been working on training her that it is OK to be picked up. She really, really, doesn't like it and has scratched me quite a bit but we are getting better with that. I'm OK with her not being a cuddly bunny but she should allow us to pick her up if she needs to be moved from a spot or groomed. Once she masters being picked up from the floor and set on a table without struggle I'm going to work on leash walking with her. She has figured out that she is not allowed in certain rooms and will nonchalantly try to enter when she notices I'm not looking. Bunnies are sneaky critters. My husband is continually amazed at all the things a bunny can do. So much fun! I can't wait until we close on a house and move in. We are going to adopt a bunny from the local rescue then as a companion to Pepper. I'm hoping we can adopt two and have a trio of bunnies but that might take some convincing with the husband. <3

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
It's so gorgeous! I she looks so much happier!

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
She's so precious! It's probably good that she wasn't pregnant in the long run! What a precious little bun.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
You're doing an excellent job with Pepper and she looks great!

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
Just an update:

Pepper did not get spayed today. I had to push the vet visit back again. This time my 6 year old had some emergency dental work done Monday that was not cheap. The dentist ended up pulling one of his top front teeth. Luckily it's just a baby tooth but it will effect his speech therapy. :(

Pepper will wait another week to get spayed. I don't think this bothers Pepper but it does bother me. I'd like the spay to be done with but it seems the Universe is against me. :/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.