Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adoptables in Central Arkansas - Angelwise

angelwise

Cavy Slave
OK, you guys are going to work this travel thing out. I think it is safe to say these guys have new homes! The pictures worked! Yes! I knew if you saw how cute they all are you'd want them! Have you thought of names yet? I'll foster until you have the travel plans figured out. If something changes and you decide not to take them, let me know right away so I can see if someone else wants to adopt them.

As for the Mommy and her two babies, I can't tell what sex the babies are yet. Either they are both girls or I just can't tell yet. As soon as I can tell, I'll post it. I'm hoping one of them is a boy so I can keep it. I love the little black and white one. And I'm hoping the other is a girl so it can stay with it's mom. Probably by the time I figure it out, I'll want to keep them all. She is soooo sweet!

TheMadWheeker

Cavy Slave
Ok so at this point we need transport from Jackson to somewhere near the Tennessee/GA border. Any people willing to help! Thank you Mamy for being willing to get them to Jackson :D I really appreciate it. Now we need only really probably 1 more leg and I can get the 2 boys to help share this huge mansion with my boys. As for naming #1 & #2 I am still thinking I will post when I have something :D

angelwise

Cavy Slave
I'm so excited they are all in wonderful homes to be enjoyed and loved like they should! I'm glad I did all that work and went to all that expense saving all these little guys! It was HARD work! I had to clean all their cages daily. 17 very hungry piggies that gorge themselves continuously for several days made a LOT OF PEE AND POOP! They stunk, too. They had a weird odor even after I bathed them. But that weird smell is gone now. The odor must have been from the lack of neutrients, living in cramped cages, and living in filth. If your piggy stinks, maybe YOU are the problem!!!

I spent a total of about $170 to rescue these guys...that includes payment out of hell, food, water bottles, vet check, gas, and other items needed to care for them. That's $10 per piggy. Please "PAY IT FORWARD" by making a donation of at least $10 per piggy to your favorite animal rescue in their honor! And treat them well when they arrive to their perminent home so that the money I spent won't have been spend in vein.

If you don't get the "Pay It Forward" concept... Instead of paying me back, I want that money to go forward to help the next animal in need.

The boys are all being adopted in October and will be going to their perminent homes! Yeah! There are several girls still looking for perminent homes. Thank you, Mamaroo and Ly for helping me with these gals! My husband appreciates it very much. He was getting a little jealous of my constant cage cleaning. He wanted me to clean his cage and stroke his hair.

As for my neighbor who said I'd be stuck with them all because she "couldn't even give hers away," HA! You've just got to know the right people! Cavecages rocks!

Last edited:

Mamything

Cavy Slave
We really needa find someone in the Miss area that is willing to piggy train, because thats the farthest I can go. I be's the poor. :cool: Not to be mean or anything, but I dun wanna take 4 piggies and then have 6 pigs cramped in a 2x5 that wont get transported. Im already worried that they will eat up my babies. I am planning to expand my cage, make another level or something or make it a 3x5. Shesh I wish I could make it a 3x5. I have no where to put that though, or Id would have to do some major major rearranging. I need a bigger apartment x.x

Reminds me when I started my fish hobby, started with a 6gal to a 10... 29... 60gal now. I lurvs my goldfish *-* My animals have more living space than I do haha.

angelwise

Cavy Slave
My husband is wondering when the piggies will have more square footage than he.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I think all the girls except the one you have are spoken for Angel. Janna and Paul want to keep all those girls they are fostering. And if everything goes well with intro's, I will be keeping both the girls you brought to me.

JennG

Cavy Slave
That's so great!! Does that mean everyone's found a home? Or have I missed counted? I'm getting slow in my old age. :)

angelwise

Cavy Slave
I think that is everyone for now. Unless something falls through with travel arrangements for transport. We still need help getting across Mississippi and haven't had any volunteers thus far.

I still have mommy and her two little ones. I still can't tell what sex they are. They are doing great at my house and are only a week old so I would hate to make them travel that young. Maybe by the time they get old enough, I'll be too in love to give them away or someone will have plans to adopt them.

JennG

Cavy Slave
I think that's just great! It's great how everyone works so well together. Everyone deserves a great big hug!! :grouphug:

Mamything

Cavy Slave
I cant take the pigs anymore. My fall break got messed up due to the hurricane. My boyfriend and I are fighting alot right now and I just dont think I can make it up there anytime soon. I feel really bad. But I have a few other things to take into consideration now. I have one preggy pig and I think my other pig that I was going to send up to Jenn is preggy. I would have felt so bad if she got her and Angie poped out babies.

Please forgive me and I hope someone else will take them and love them for me. I went to the Outlet mall a lil bit away from me yesterday and the place where all the rescue animals are. I ended up rescueing a baby boy piggy. It was so sad there and I wish I could have stayed longer. I hate disappointing people, but I really dont want my boyfriend to break up with me over this. Hes really upset with me and I dont know what to do. I thought he was finally understanding. *sigh*

JennG

Cavy Slave
Ok Mamy, things happen. As far as Angie goes, I wish I could help you out. I'd take her (preggie or not). I still have her picture from the rescue. :) As far as the boys that you were going to take, I was looking to get a few boars. I just wish I lived closer to everyone.

Mamy focus on what's going on in your life now. Don't fret about not being able to take in Angel's piggies. I'm sure she'll understand. Hang in there and pm me if you need to talk. Men can be so......well I can't think of a word that I wouldn't get a slap on the hand for so we'll just leave at that. ;) I've had my guy for over 12yrs and I do get stressed by him but it passes and I'm sure things w/ your bf will get better.

Mamything

Cavy Slave
Thanks. I hope she is as understanding as you are. Im fine we talked alot and I think I just need to settle down with all my animals, him, and stuff.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Sounds like a plan. I understand. My other half isn't fond of animals like I am. There's a cat that I now want but I won't get her because the hubby doesn't like cats. Oh well, at least I have my girls. :)

Mamything

Cavy Slave
When Katrina hit I had a cat in my room for a week. I didnt like it at all. He would sit and stare at them. I had to put dividers in my cage to support it for when he would jump on it so he wouldnt crush my piggies. I also had to put a blanket over it so he just couldnt see them and divert his attention. It was very stressful. My aunt and uncle also used the cage as a table and spilled coffee on the cage. I was so mad I had to clean it up quick and leave before I yelled at them. I couldnt believe they would do something like that and possibly endanger my animals.

Sophie blew up over night. My boyfriend says she looks like a pear... a giant pear. Heh Im excited.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Keep me posted on Sophie and Angie's conditions.

PS I posted on another thread re: fanatsies. I'd come down and pignap Angie and a few others. :mischievo

Last edited:

angelwise

Cavy Slave
Hey, guys! Mamything - Don't worry about the piggies. I'll find homes for them. I hope you and your boyfriend are able to learn how to communicate effectively so you can enjoy each other again. It helps to remember you are on the same team and not to take each other for granted. Stacey, hubby, sees how much enjoyment I'm getting from the pigs and as long as they don't take away family time, he is fine with it. 20 pigs takes away family time so I told him I wouldn't rescue them any more. I just have to find homes for these guys and life should get back to normal.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Angel-I knew you'd be ok. I'm sure you're alittle disappointed but stuff happens, right? Anyways, I'm sure you can find a good home for them. You did a great thing by rescuing them. I wish my hubby was as patient as yours. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.