Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adoptables in Central Arkansas - Angelwise

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
She is in Bigelow, Arkansas.

angelwise

Cavy Slave
The easiest way to get here from there is to go through Little Rock, then head West on Hwy 10, then North on Hwy 113. I could meet you in El Dorado or Texarkana and save you about 2.5 hours travel time one way. That would take 5 hours total off your trip. Both cities are on the border of Arkansas.

angelwise

Cavy Slave
Mamything, Cousin Vickie won't be coming until the family Christmas party in December. You want these guys before then, don't you!!! Road trip!

Mamything

Cavy Slave
Mm I google earthed the travel distance and it says about 6 hours to El dorado. My boyfriend says we can do it. I told him I would go on my own if he didnt and now hes worried that Ill get lost and never come back to him... *shakes head*

I just started working and I dunno when I can definitely say I can make it. We have fall break Oct 5-7. So Probably on one of those days. Granted that hurricane Rita doesnt hit us and affect the school schedule.

Mamything

Cavy Slave
Sorry to repost so fast, but Texarkana... what area is that?

dragon6483

Cavy Slave
The southwest corner

Mamything said:
Sorry to repost so fast, but Texarkana... what area is that?

dragon6483

Cavy Slave
Ly, where are you in Arkansas?

angelwise

Cavy Slave
Dragon6483, Are there any guinea rescues in your area that you can direct me to? I think I'm going to have an over abundance of girls that still need homes. Maybe they can help me. Are you interested in housing some piggies? I've got 15 very sweet little fuzz balls here that need lots of love!
angelwise

angelwise

Cavy Slave
Texarkana - Half the city is in Arkansas and half in Texas. Any of those cities across the bottom of the state would be fine with me. I'm not sure what the best Louisiana road would be to take to Arkansas. I do know that if you don't have a more recent map, you might want to get one. In Arkansas they are always renaming the stupid highways. Everytime they fix up a road, they rename it and boy you can get lost in the twighlight zone and wonder if you are even in the right state with you end up on roads you never heard of when you've been up and down that way for years. Maybe the road crews in Louisiana have more since about them, than to change the names of the hghways all the time. I think someone just likes to mess with our minds!

angelwise

Cavy Slave
Ly - Mamaroo said she would foster some girls! Yes!!! Do you want me to keep the orange and white little girl you had you eyes set on and bring her to you? Which one is she?

Last edited:

dragon6483

Cavy Slave
I don't know of any as of yet. I've found on in Kansas though.

angelwise said:
Dragon6483, Are there any guinea rescues in your area that you can direct me to? I think I'm going to have an over abundance of girls that still need homes. Maybe they can help me. Are you interested in housing some piggies? I've got 15 very sweet little fuzz balls here that need lots of love!
angelwise

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Dragon, I am in Mountain View, northcentral part of the state. Where are you located?

As far as rescues up this way in Northern Arkansas, I don't think there are any. Most of the Humane Societies don't take in Guinea pigs either. The one over in Fayetteville might but don't hold me to that.

dragon6483

Cavy Slave
I live in Fayetteville, they don't.

Ly&Pigs said:
Dragon, I am in Mountain View, northcentral part of the state. Where are you located?

As far as rescues up this way in Northern Arkansas, I don't think there are any. Most of the Humane Societies don't take in Guinea pigs either. The one over in Fayetteville might but don't hold me to that.

angelwise

Cavy Slave
Update of the piggies...

Female #1 and #2 are living with Ly - I'm pretty sure it is perminent. She is getting attached at a very rapid rate.
Female #3, #4, #6, #7, #8, #9, and #10 are being fostered at Mamaroos house. They need perminent homes. Let us know if you are interested in any of them. Ly wants one of little girls, but I'm not sure which one.
Female #5 and her two babies are here with me. They are probably a little young to travel too far. I don't mind if they stick around for a while. They are very precious and a joy to watch. She takes very good care of them. Her motherly instincts are out of this world.
Males #1 and #2 still need someone to love. I'll take more pictures of them and see if they can strike any irrisistable posses.
Males #3 and #4 have sparked in the eyes of both Mamything and New2Cavies. I think
Mamything has already planned a trip from Louisana and no one has offered to help get them to Georgia, so I'm pretty sure they are moving to Baton Rouge.
Male #5 my husband actually likes and I have fallen in love with, too. He seems to have some issues with living with others. He loves human contact. So, he will be taking up perminent residence in the office after everyone else clears out. The rest of my crew are living in the living room.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I like males #3&4 too. But I also like females #3&4. I wish I could move closer to you guys. You all sound like a great bunch of cavy slaves that would be fun to hang out w/. :)

TheMadWheeker

Cavy Slave
:( I really want #3 and #4 but I cant drive 12 hours 1 way to get them.....

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I know at least one of the two have a permanent home with me, and that's female #1. I would love to take the other girl, (it's female #8) but if I keep both of these girls then I will be one over my limit as it is. I emailed Mamaroo and told her if she can find a home for #8 to go ahead and place her.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Oh Ly, what's one more? The more the merrier, huh? ;) You know she's calling your name, "Ly take me home, Ly you know I'm adorable, Ly I really neeeeeed you." TeeHee! *evil laugh*

angelwise

Cavy Slave
That #8 was my personal favorite! She is reeeeeeally soft!

angelwise

Cavy Slave
Hey Mamaroo. How's the piggies?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.