Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Babies, Oh My!

She is so precious! I'm adopting a dutch and a mini lop at the beginning of May and I wish they could be free range!
I don't really trust my dog to be kind to free range bunnies though. They will get plenty of time out of their ex-pen cage but only when the pup is behind closed doors haha

I have two dogs, both small. They are so use to small animals that they think they are equal to them. You could always try to get your dog use to them in small doses. You just have to be very careful.

I have two dogs, both small. They are so use to small animals that they think they are equal to them. You could always try to get your dog use to them in small doses. You just have to be very careful.
I'm definitely going to work with it, but he's a herding dog so I don't expect him to ignore his doggy instincts lol

Oh yea that would be hard for him. They have quick reflexes

She's soooo beautiful! I have a 5 yr Rex that I adopted last Spring, got her spayed, and she's now bonded to my 9.5 yr little rescue guy. They are so sweet, I love bunnies! My husband and I were having some issues with repeated miscarriages, and I got through it by deciding to turn the two extra bedrooms in our home into a bunny halfway house, to foster hard to place bunnies. Then we ended up with two babies 11 months apart lol. So only two bunnies till the kids move out in about 20 yrs!

Thank you. That is so awesome that you are doing that. I have 1 nine year old step daughter (I'm 27)...but I can't have babies either. My animals are my life. Peaches is my favorite. I got her when she was this small. Babies, Oh My!Babies, Oh My!

I think she would be happier if I left her in her cage lol she hates to be held 😞 But I just love her so much I can't help it.

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear- I did end up having two kids, it was the idea of making a bunny rescue that got me through the hard times. So we have three dogs, two bunnies and two piggies, and a 2 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter :). The rescue will have to wait until the kids are all grown up.
Peaches is seriously adorable! Here is Ginger and Smudge, she was obese when I adopted her, the pet store told her owner to feed her lots of pellets, some hay, and a carrot once a week :(. Then they bought a ferret a housed them in the same room. Luckily they realized ferrets are prey animals, and rehomed her.

Attachments

image.jpg
Last edited:
Re: Newborn Runt

Peaches is a little obese 😲 She is food obsessed and loves to eat, and I love making her happy. But we are getting better at it.

Your babies are beautiful! They are so tiny!!

I have a ginger who's a pig. I picked her up from the humane two months ago, she's ready to have babies any minute.

Here is some of my herd for the time being. Some are my personal pets, some are fosters and I'm trying to find home placements.
I got a new cell so I don't have many pics yet.
My baby Nala. Foster faliure.
Babies, Oh My!

Footsie. I've had her since she was 8 weeks. She's two.
Babies, Oh My!

Dex. He is a foster. Cord behind cage is because I was cleaning cages.
Babies, Oh My!
My dog Sammy and my mini lop Bubs
Babies, Oh My!
Sugar. Foster failure.
Babies, Oh My!

First bunny is* Tootsie lol not footsie

Another Peaches. She roams the house most of the day, and goes back to her cage for her litter box, so does Sugar.

Babies, Oh My!

Many were left out because I need to get some pictures back on my cell.

Wow, seriously gorgeous bunnies!!!. I've never seen a blue eyed Rex before. Ginger really isn't tiny, must be the picture. I'll post another less flattering one;)

Attachments

image.jpg

Ok she's a big girl! She must be a standard like Peaches. Nala is a mini rex.

She's 7 lbs, but still overweight, though not nearly as fat as when I adopted her, poor girl.

That's what Peaches weighs. She's had babies thought also.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.