Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Babies, Oh My!

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
Re: Newborn Runt

I love both my guineas and rabbits. I honestly couldn't be with out one or the other now that I've had both. It's a lot of cleanup though!!!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer

I love both my guineas and rabbits. I honestly couldn't be with out one or the other now that I've had both. It's a lot of cleanup though!!!

I have to have small animals as well. I have always had them since I was a kid, they just add peace to my life. I went about 3 years without a small animal after my first son was born and last rabbit passed. I wont be doing that again. I didn't realize how much I needed a small animal until I brought Eddy Pig the guinea pig home.

MommaOfFour

Cavy Slave

awww those little fur balls just keep getting cuter and cuter!!!! :love:
and I agree with you guys as far as the benefits of having small animals goes! I had a guinea pig and my sister a guinea pig and bunny when we were younger and then didn't have a pet again until almost a year ago (when we got our first piggy Arthur). all throughout college I really wanted a piggy or bunny but my mom wouldn't have any pet in the house so I wouldn't have been able to bring him/her home during semester break, so it just wasn't possible. anyway, I am SO SO glad and happy to have the animals now! (even though it turned out to be a bit more than planned initially lol). my husband and I work on opposite schedules, plus he works weekends (and I don't), so we don't see each other except for a few hours in the evening a few days a week. we also only have one car ATM (I walk to work, he drives) so I'm immobile when he's gone mostly. having the animals has been a life (and sanity) safer. I love having someone to care for and cuddle with while it's just me at home. I would feel super lonely without the pets. especially since both our families live far away (his in CA, mine in Germany).

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave

My dad has to have animals to be happy, so I always grew up with them. I'm just like him. Maybe way worse haha My house, I can have as many as I want! I don't know if I told you guys, but I took in 4 rabbits three days ago. My local humane society gave me a call and said if I didn't rescue them they were going to euthanize them. I was there in under ten minutes. I'm keeping one of the rabbits. She's a large red rex. I'm so in love with her. She lets me let her as much as I want. And my Peaches won't have that lol So I love it.

I was told they were all females, but two ended up being males. I'm keeping the long haired Siamese marking one for now. All three I have built their own mansions for.
The other two I will find perfect homes for. Here is a picture of my two new rabbits , and my babies at 10 days old. I haven't seen any peeping eyes yet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391522211.050104.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391522233.296087.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391522245.697086.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391522254.120281.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391522299.396146.jpg

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave

@Inle_Rabbit I'm a bit late with this but...peace?! You must have some quiet piggies lol

I feel the same about having animals in my life also. After my last pet passed, Chip, I went about 6 months without some kind of animal around (I usually have between 2-4 at a time) and it felt so wrong! So home came Daisy and Minnie, and I've been researching adopting a house rabbit. I might just have to nab some of these little rabbits if I see anymore cute pictures! Rabbit owners, you have been warned. Be on the lookout for a small teenager lurking around your rabbits! :p

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave

Lol yea it's not quiet here! But I love the sound of chirping/squeezing piggies. I have 12 pets until I find good homes for the two I rescued, and until the babies are old enough. Whew

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer

it's more of an inner peace than an actual peace. I have 3 kids too, nothing is quiet around here! lol

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave

So true. They are one of my favorite parts of life. I love the responsibility of caring for a "little" someone who needs me.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave

I'm the same way all my life I've have dogs and cats. I went over 2 years without a pet except for a hermit crab. Which was not the same, but it was all I could get apart from fish. My mom moved into a place where we could have pets. And my dad was practically MIA for a while. So when my mom was working I was over my grandmothers, who hates animals. Which is kinda funny because when her kids were growing up she had a bird and a couple dogs. But now she just can't stand animals. In fact later on my dad brought my cat over there. Because when my parents split my dad took in kelsey for me. But sadly she wasn't getting along with his gf's male cat. And don't worry kelsey was spayed, kelsey was the only pet I've ever rescued. Our petsmart has a cat adoption center so that where I got her. I raised her from kitten to adult. But my grandmother could only tolerate her then she made me get rid of her. Luckily the lady who got her had just moved and couldn't take her cat so she was looking for another. And another good thing is she lived alone, no husband, kids grown so she got a good home. But that was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I had her for over 8 years. I also had a dog that she made me get rid of but I barely had him for a year, but it still broke my heart. When I fall for an animal I fall hard. Well now I have my Star in my life, as soon as we moved and the landlord said I could get one I got one. Star is deffinetly the love of my life. Sadly I didn't know about how much better it is to get 2 of them. See my cousin had 2 when we were growing up but not at the same time. So that's why I thought I should get one. I've tried introducing her but sadly bella died her and her babies. The pet shop put her in with a male that was befor we knew how bad pet shops were. Then one day surprise she gave birth we didn't even know. The vet didn't even know because after 2 weeks of quarentine we took her to a vet. Sadly they were still born and 2 were severely under developed. And we had to put bella to sleep because the vet said there was one still inside. And you could feel it to it was so weired and sad at the same time. The vet told us that surgery was to much of a risk. Besides the bella that I fell in love with was gone already. The sparkle in her was gone the light in her eye was gone, she just wasn't the same:(. Well I think star is happy by herself. She will be 6 in may, but she gets extra attention and love. She doesn't have to share anything. Instead of just 1 hour a day of floor time she gets 2 or more (lucky piggie lol). I couldn't imagine my life ever again with out some kind of animal running around.

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave

Oh that's so sad :-( I'm happy you at least still have her!

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave

Oh my goodness! Can they get any cuter?! I melt everytime I come to this thread!

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391549055.247321.jpg
Eyes are opening!!!

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer

Aww! They can see!!

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave

Just two so far. The largest fattest two! I wish so badly I could tell genders.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave

Oh my goodness I can feel my heart strings being pulled, that is too adorable!

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave

I'll try to get a better pic in a bit. I'm remodeling the cage to make it larger for the 100th time lol

CallieLovesPigs

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer

Cute! Makes me want another bunny!

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave

Any one have any idea what this is? This baby had a little red on its belly since about day 3. Now it's a nasty scab. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391563426.188265.jpg

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave

Look how much larger this baby is than the others!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391563482.814159.jpg

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer

The red spot looks like where its umbilical cord was. Maybe mama bunny was too into chewing it off? Is that spot getting better?

There usually is one or two larger baby bunnies but by this stage they should all make it just fine as long as the keep getting mama's milk. =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.