Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm So Sorry My Sweet Boys

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
@Traysea, thanks for the pics. I want sure what everyone was talking about at first. I'll get some today. I suppose I can get all these at Walmart or lowes or something?

Thanks, @Rywen.

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear this. I myself have never had anything happen to my guinea pigs, but I have hamsters who have gotten out and gotten killed by cats and once by our Yorkie.

My very favorite Hamster passed on after a cat scared teh crap out of him. His cage had been left undone and his curious self just went for it. I was heartbroken and cried for a week.

It will get better. Trust me. Dog proof the area and when you are ready there will be another pig who needs a wonderful home.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I used the shelving from Home Depot reinforced with grids on the top. It was sturdy as the dog did stand on it.

C. Cole-Chakotay

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your losses. :(

Veggielady79

Cavy Slave
I'm so very sorry!!

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
Im so sorry for your loss! I think that this was a hard way to learn a lesson but I hope that your next pigs will be safe because you learned what you need to do to keep them safe.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's amazing what an impact a small mistake can make, and it's obvious how much you loved your boys.

Thank you, sweety. I really did.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Im so sorry for your loss! I think that this was a hard way to learn a lesson but I hope that your next pigs will be safe because you learned what you need to do to keep them safe.

I have learned a lesson. This will never happen again. I do hope that this experience help prevent someone from making the same mistake.

You guys are awesome. Thank you. I thought everyone would hate me.

mumof4andzoo

Cavy Slave
I have learned a lesson. This will never happen again. I do hope that this experience help prevent someone from making the same mistake.

You guys are awesome. Thank you. I thought everyone would hate me.

No reason to hate you. it was a tragic loss in an awful way for you, but as has been shown, you haven't been the only one to make this kind of mistake. All our thoughts are with you and with time you will recover.

janinehunt

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss and the trauma you are going through.

I have been yearning to get a dog lately after several years since our beloved Rosie died, but I am worried about putting the pigs in danger. This sad event has strengthened my resolve not to bring a dog into the house. There are still dangers though, as I have seen neighbourhood cats jump up onto our window sill and eye up the piggies through the glass. I have to be very careful if I open the window.

I am glad that you are not turned off getting more piggies and are looking for ways to ensure that all the beasties can live together safely.

"Bon courage", my friend, as we say here in France. Take heart, learn from this painful experience, and move on to better things. My thoughts are with you. :love:

Pipandpoppy

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Just don't best your self up these things happen.
At least next time around you will have a roof so they can't get in.(not meant to be a pun)

audrey.e

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry! I can't imagine the horror and sadness you felt, even after losing piggies myself (it was also my fault). I definitely elevate your cage and use something stronger than Velcro. It might not hold out- german shepherds are strong.

What were their names?

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the horror you came home to. R.I.P little ones.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
What were their names?

Their names were Winston, Rockii and Apollo. I still miss them. I've since raised the cage and have a lid. Also the room door is always closed and there is a baby gate up with bells on it. Just in case. I'm sure that the door won't always be closed add I loosen up about it but for now I'm not taking any chances in this happening again with my current piggies.

Thanks guys!

Gowroo

Cavy Slave
Oh lady! What an utter tragedy! What is done is done and there is no point beating yourself up over it. You learn you move on, we all mess up sometimes. But I am so sorry for your loss!! Big hugs coming in from Cardiff for you all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.