Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Crazy cage

kakesb

Cavy Slave
Crazy cage
It's my crazy hunch + cc ~ but going to set up more item as my crazy girl making mess

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
What are the dimensions? I don't see where they can get from one level to the other. Is there a ramp?

kakesb

Cavy Slave
It's inside the hunch, I locked it . As my girl is 2 month old, I don't want her have babies before 4 month old. Boys are downstairs

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I don't want her have babies before 4 month old. Boys are downstairs

Since you're new you may not be aware of this, but this is an anti-breeding, pro-adoption, pro-rescue forum. I wouldn't advertise the fact that you plan on breeding her.

kakesb

Cavy Slave
Oh... So do you keep the boys and girls together? My poor girl has to live by her own as so many people told me that if they together , will be too many pigs after

kakesb

Cavy Slave
Really want to know how you guys keep the room clean , seems my boys are messy and my girl is getting worse

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Oh... So do you keep the boys and girls together? My poor girl has to live by her own as so many people told me that if they together , will be too many pigs after

I don't understand your question . Who are you asking if they keep boys and girls together?

You mentioned that you don't want her to have babies before 4 mths old which sounds like you DO want her to have babies just not yet. And out of curiosity, why 4 months? Then you said you were told if they were together there will be too many pigs after. So I'm a little confused - do you want her to have babies...or not? You seem to contradict yourself here.

kakesb

Cavy Slave
I will let her have once and that's it~ hopefully she will have one baby girl only.

lissie

Cavy Slave

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I will reiterate what @Aleks said, we are anti-breeding, pro-adoption, pro rescue and for good reason. There is absolutely ZERO reason to breed your pigs. It is dangerous and can result in the sow and or the babies dying.

Do you know how many people have said, "I just want to do the one litter. That's it"? As if that's going to justify putting your sow through that. Sorry, no dice. You will get no support for that here.

kakesb

Cavy Slave
&(broken link removed)sounds so serious! Thanks, I will thank about it or may get a girl for her as a room mate

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I will let her have once and that's it~ hopefully she will have one baby girl only.

I doubt that will happen. Typical litter amounts are around 3-4 babies.
Would you have enough space to adequately house them all? Would you be able to afford vet care/food for that many animals, or vet care for the sow if she has complications?
Breeding can also be very dangerous for the sow and babies. Would you want to risk her life?
These are all things you need to take into account.

Why not just adopt a female friend for her? That would be a much better solution for everyone.
Your sow could have a friend, you won't have to risk her life by breeding her, and you'll be giving a pig a home.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@kakesb, do you know what the death rate for guinea pig sows and pups is? Do you know the genetic diseases that guinea pigs carry? Do you know what a lethal white guinea pig is, or that you have to hand-feed it all its life? Or that it requires expensive tooth trimmings every few weeks? Or that it will be blind and deaf? Do you know what kinds of guinea pigs can produce lethal whites?

Your guinea pig has absolutely no desire to be a mother. She doesn't know what that is. And you can satisfy your curiosity about pregnancy and birth by watching youtubes rather than by risking the life of your sow. There are thousands of unwanted guinea pigs in rescues and shelters across this country -- if you want another guinea pig, please rescue one rather than breeding one.

kakesb

Cavy Slave
Thanks aleks

Threepigsnacuy

Cavy Slave
Not only is breeding very dangerous for the sow and pups, by breeding you are contributing to the extreme overpopulation of guinea pigs. Piggies are being put down every day because there are not enough homes, every piggy that is bred, a piggy in a shelter is killed. Please be responsible and don't breed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.