Thread: Share you split cage pictures please - inspiration needed!!

Thanks
    Thanks
    36 Rec'd/28 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Share you split cage pictures please - inspiration needed!!

So as many of you already know I had to desperate my 3 boars so I now have buzz and dexter in a 3x3 an woody next door in a 2x3 an all seems much happier in my piggery!!

Just wanted people to share there double/divided/separated cages for me to get some inspiration on making the most of my pigs space! xx here it is at the moment

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386534530.641760.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	58360

Any suggestions people have are much appreciated! I was thinking about takin out to 2 fiddlesticks in the 2 boys cage an just putting fleece forest there? To give better running room??

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386534640.075323.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	58361

And maybe adding a party patio type thing in woodys cage to lift up his kitchen area? To give him more room?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386534700.241820.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	58362

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Princess_Piggie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1,014 Rec'd/747 Posts
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Re: Share you split cage pictures please - inspiration needed!!

I don't have a split cage, but I just had to say how cute woody looks on top of his little house!

3. "Thank you, Princess_Piggie, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    36 Rec'd/28 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

That's his favourite spot!! xx

Thanks
    Thanks
    657 Rec'd/453 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    319 Post(s)

You could replace the hideys with ones that they can run through, like fleece forests or corner curtains. It looks like woody probably has enough room, but a patio kitchen might be nice to add.
    I love the Christmas decor!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    53 Rec'd/45 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

this was my original split cage, with just two boys who couldn't get along.

then I got Marbles, adding a third boar to my crazy home , so we re did it like this, with Marbles and Alfonz on the bottom level, and Jellybean on the top level.

We quickly realized we couldn't access the bottom level where Jellybean was above, so we made it more open.

Then two days ago, I added a loft which is 1x2 + 1x1 L shape.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Princess_Piggie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1,014 Rec'd/747 Posts
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

@Rach84, just noticed you're in the UK too, where the heck did you get C&C supplies? Going mad tryna find them for less than 40 a pop!

Thanks
    Thanks
    36 Rec'd/28 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

My white grids I got from amazon but I think they were about 40 sorry - I got the black ones from wayfair coz I wanted extras for juggling round the cages whenever I want!! Lol xx the coro I just got from a local sign maker I got an 8ftx4ft for 10 xx so all in all it cost less than a store cage less than half it's size an completely worth it!! xx

An I was thinking about stacking but my dad custom made me a stand high enough so it wouldn't hurt my back when cleaning out - also I like that they can see each other they often all sleep nearer to each other now than when they shared a cage! Xx xx typical!

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner spudsthepiget's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    405 Rec'd/215 Posts
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

Name:  cage2.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  11.0 KB When my little brother moved out in February, I converted his room into the guinea pig room. I made a 6x5 split into three 2x5's for my 5 pigs. I liked having it, but it was too hard to clean so after 2 weeks it was split into 3 separate pieces.

Before my brother moved, the cages were in my room and it was a 3x6 split in half for four pigs, and a separate 2x3 for Marybell.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner pinky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2,491 Rec'd/1,959 Posts
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1563 Post(s)

One of my guinea pigs died on Friday. He was an unaltered senior male that lived with my neutered male. I had three cages: one housed a mother-daughter texel pair with an unrelated young female teddy in a 2x5 and I had a double decker 2x4 that housed the males on the bottom and my most dominant female paired with my most submissive female. When Raichu died, I felt bad for Rigatoni so I decided to put him in with the dominant and submissive females. I knew they'd get along because I know them really well and Rigatoni used to live with the submissive female. I turned the 2x5 into a double decker 2x5. The photo is below. The color is off because I have a leaded lamp with colored glass that was turned on so the coloring looks off. Each trio gets along great. Click on the photo to enlarge it.

Last edited by pinky; 12-08-13 at 06:14 pm.

Thanks
    Thanks
    723 Rec'd/624 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)

@pinky, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost one of your boys. Rest in peace little one.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner pinky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2,491 Rec'd/1,959 Posts
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1563 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    @pinky, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost one of your boys. Rest in peace little one.
    Thank you, @Kelsie. Rigatoni and Raichu were best friends. The photo below is of when I introduced them. Rigatoni is on the left and Raichu is on the right. I took Raichu to the vet in September when I thought he might be coming down with a URI. The vet said he had a little congestion and put him on Baytril. She said he was in really good shape for an old guy. He was blind but got around well. He was slowing down so I knew he was probably getting towards the end of his life. I had him for 3 years and another volunteer at our rescue had him before me and asked if I could take him. He came into the rescue as a result of a divorce. He had a large stomach mass removed and it was decided that he wouldn't be adopted out due to that and his age so he was put into the sponsored senior program. That's basically a guinea pigs that's unadoptable being cared for by someone within the rescue for the remainder of its life.

Thanks
    Thanks
    723 Rec'd/624 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    392 Post(s)

What a sweet picture of your guys. Raichu sure landed in the right home when he came to live with you. What a wonderful life you gave him. It must make you feel so good to know that you made his remaining years so good for him. To take on a special needs piggy requires such dedication. I really admire the rescue work that you do. At the end of the day you know that you've brightened the life of a piggy and made them feel less scared and alone. I'm sure rescue work has its share of heartbreak but without people like you, and all the rescue workers, where would these poor abandoned piggies end up. Thank you for all that you do.

User Tag List