Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Finally getting a friend for my piggie: no clue what to do!

moonskie

Cavy Slave
I've already ordered an 18 square foot cage so I am definitely going through with this. I've posted before about my piggie Charlie who is somewhat aggressive with me. Lately he's been great, but when he encounters my hands even if they're not moving he'll vibrate and purr (not in a good way) but he doesn't do this with my roommate so I'm assuming it's because I smoke possibly? I can't think of any other reason.
ANYWAY.
Charlie is about 8 months old and he's from a pet store. I've been reading a lot about pet store animals and have decided to try and find a piggie elsewhere. I've heard a baby is good to get with an adult male because they'll take on a fatherly role but I'm not sure.
Where would I get one? The city I'm in (London, ontario) doesn't seem to have any legitimate rescues who will give piggies away individually or don't have any young males. I'm not sure what I'll do about introductions and the whole process is a total mystery to me, but I know I hate seeing Charlie be lonely!
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

moonskie

Cavy Slave
If I don't manage to find one through one of the rescues, what's my next step?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.