Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Ivermectin Where to get ivermectin in PERTH WA

tiffanyspiggies

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,
So I've decided to treat my guinea pigs with ivermectin because they have lice. However, I'm running short on time and I would like to find a supplier that I can buy it from without buying online.
I've also done my research and come across contradicting comments. Which is better for topical lice treatement - ivermectin, advantage, or revolution?

Thank you so much in advance, :)
-Tiffanyspiggies

TwoMissPiggies

Cavy Slave
Do you have a feed store or Tractor Supply?

pinky

Cavy Slave
You can order it online. Get "Ivermectin, pour-on for cattle." 5 mg ivermectin per ML. Go to Guinealynx for instructions to dose it using a 1 ml syringe. You put it on the bald spots behind the ears. I think I got mine or ebay or amazon. It was cheap.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Easiest way is to go to a pet store and get the puppy/kitten Revolution 3 month pack. One tube is enough for two pigs (just dab a little behind each ear). Revolution is easily available at all pet stores and you can purchase it over the counter (without a prescription).

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Easiest way is to go to a pet store and get the puppy/kitten Revolution 3 month pack. One tube is enough for two pigs (just dab a little behind each ear). Revolution is easily available at all pet stores and you can purchase it over the counter (without a prescription).

Wait... I am 100% sure Revolution is prescription only as it is also a heartworm med... Are you thinking of Advantage?

tiffanyspiggies

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much for all the replies!
I've heard that advantage nowadays is risky? :confused:

TwoMissPiggies

Cavy Slave
Yes Revolution is Rx only.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
OP is in Australia (like me), where Revolution is not a prescription medication.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
You can easily get Revolution from any vet office without a prescription in Australia, if you'd like, I can message you the address of my exotics vet.

stray hares

Cavy Slave
In Australia, where the OP is from (hello from Queensland!), Revolution does not require a prescription. You can buy it from pet shops, even department stores like Big W. I use Revolution on all my piggies, I prefer it over Ivermectin because it's easier to obtain and lasts for 30 days once administered I believe, it works on internal and external parasites. Both the Puppy & Kitten (pink) and cat (blue) Revolution are the same concentration. The cat/blue Revolution is better value for money, you get more often for less money. I recently treated my newest foster pig Howl with Revolution because he had running lice, and the lice are now gone. Happy pig and happy human. :)

tiffanyspiggies

Cavy Slave
You can easily get Revolution from any vet office without a prescription in Australia, if you'd like, I can message you the address of my exotics vet.

That would be awesome if you could, thank you :)

tiffanyspiggies

Cavy Slave
In Australia, where the OP is from (hello from Queensland!), Revolution does not require a prescription. You can buy it from pet shops, even department stores like Big W. I use Revolution on all my piggies, I prefer it over Ivermectin because it's easier to obtain and lasts for 30 days once administered I believe, it works on internal and external parasites. Both the Puppy & Kitten (pink) and cat (blue) Revolution are the same concentration. The cat/blue Revolution is better value for money, you get more often for less money. I recently treated my newest foster pig Howl with Revolution because he had running lice, and the lice are now gone. Happy pig and happy human. :)

Thanks so much for the help! I'll go check it out now :)

tiffanyspiggies

Cavy Slave

how did you apply the revolution? Do I have to make sure of the doses depending on the guinea pig size?

tiffanyspiggies

Cavy Slave

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
OP is in Australia (like me), where Revolution is not a prescription medication.

Good to know!! Just learned something new! In the states it is by Rx only! It's not something you can get at a pet store here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.