Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Got my piggies!

mrsw0nka

Cavy Slave
As some of you may have seen i posted that i was getting piggies early october, and i have had them for 9 days now!

I have a 1 year old girl, Bubsy, she hadn't been handled much so she is very skittish, but she seems to be a sweet girl.
I also got two baby sisters, they are nearly 8 weeks old now.
Ursula, the black and white abyssinian and Kiara the brown fluffy girl, they are both a mix between an abyssinian boar and i think a teddy? you can see their mum here: https://caviepaw.hemsida24.se/pet-17769162 her name is Emma, the top girl.

Kiara is the little brave one, she was even eating of of my hand yesterday when i had them on the sofa. She comes out for food very fast now and then Bubsy steals it from her so she has to go again bless her!

This is the only good picture i have of Bubsy, they now have a bigger cage too - a 120cm long one.

Piggy_

Cavy Slave
Sooo cute! Eee I remember how exciting it is to get them for the first time! Especially if you've been wanting them for a while :D Congrats!

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
I love the name Bubsy!
They are adorable!!! You must be so proud!

mrsw0nka

Cavy Slave
I am so proud and happy, yesterday all three of them took food from my hand whilst on my lap! The babies are getting so friendly, Kiara even took from me when my hand was in the cage!

madrae

Cavy Slave
Oh they are all so pretty, congratulations!
I have found to help new piggys like me, I reach in and just give them a little pat several times during the day. Not always with food (then they will scream for it every time you walk by) and not always picking them up. Just a little pat or chin rub and move along. That gets them used to my hand. And I always talk to them. That might help with your older Bubsy.

mrsw0nka

Cavy Slave
Oh they are all so pretty, congratulations!
I have found to help new piggys like me, I reach in and just give them a little pat several times during the day. Not always with food (then they will scream for it every time you walk by) and not always picking them up. Just a little pat or chin rub and move along. That gets them used to my hand. And I always talk to them. That might help with your older Bubsy.
Thanks for the tip, i have kept that in mind, so that i am not always associated with them being pulled out the cage. But whenever i try to pet them they still run right now. Kiara takes food off me in the cage though and i can stand a lot closer even if Bubsy is eating!

And here is a couple more photos:
Bubsy

And Kiara And Ursula

I love watching the babies zoom around the cage, i saw them popcorn a lot today too! Ursula jumped so high i hadn't seen a piggie go so high, and she surprised herself i think she didn't land on her feet haha bless her

mommida

Cavy Slave
ohh so cute! I have some unknown virus right now and can't hang with the piggies. (the boys are really my daughters, but I can't help loving those 2!)

So try some under the chin pets for me. I just love when they stretch up so you can get the "right" spot.

Last edited:

mrsw0nka

Cavy Slave
Aww i hope you get better soon! Kiara seems to love under the chin pets, she started lifting her head up and last night she almost stood on her rear legs for me so stroke her there! <3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.