Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Opinions on rabbit pellets needed. :)

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My bunnies are only 3 months old at the moment so I do have some time before they will need to be on a timothy based pellets. I just want to prepare for that time. Looking at Oxbow and KMS as they are the only quality brand I can find that actually has a timothy based pellet. Thoughts?

OXBOW:
Information copied from:
https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6067+10381+11257+16618&pcatid=16618
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein
14.00% min
Crude Fat
1.50% min
Crude Fiber
25.00% min
Crude Fiber
29.00% max
Moisture
10.00% (max)
Calcium
0.35% (min)
Phosphorus
0.25% (min)
Salt
0.50% (min)
Salt
1.00% (max)
Vitamin A
20,000 IU/kg
Vitamin D
880 IU/kg
Vitamin E
140 IU/kg
Copper
20 mg/kg
Ingredients: Timothy Grass Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Meal, Cane Molasses, Salt, Limestone, Yeast Culture (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement (Tocopherol), Vitamin C Supplement (Ascorbic Acid), Colloidal Silica, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Riboflavin, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, Thiamine, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Pyrodoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite, Magnesium Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Calcium Iodate, and Potassium Chloride.

KMS
Information copied from: (broken link removed)
Crude Protein
(min)
14.00 %
Crude Fat
(min)
2.5 %
Crude Fiber
(min)
20.00 %
Crude Fiber
(max)
25.00 %
Vitamin A
(IU/LB)
Vitamin D-3
(ICU/LB)
Vitamin C
(MG/LB)
Calcium
(max/min)
.43/.41 %
Phosphorus
(min)
0.23 %

Ingredients: Timothy grass hay, oats, wheat, barley, soybean hulls, soy meal, Choline Chloride, stabilized Vitamin C, Vitamin A supplement,Vitamin E supplement, Manganese Oxide, Menadione Bisulfate, dl-Methionine, Zinc Oxide, d-Calcium Pantothenate,Copper Sulfate, Niacin, d-Biotin supplement, Pyrideoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D-3 supplement, Riboflavin supplement, Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin B-12 supplement, Calcium Iodate, Cane molasses

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
I should add that IF I can feed the KMS, it would be preferred as I already feed it to my pigs.

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
I recommend you take a look at Small pet select and use the cade gpigcages to get free shipping

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
Kms is fine to feed rabbits. It is what I feed mine and my piggies. Although you can't feed guinea pigs rabbit pellets.

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Kms is fine to feed rabbits. It is what I feed mine and my piggies. Although you can't feed guinea pigs rabbit pellets.

Thank you! That's all I needed to hear!! :) Now I have a good game plan for when they hit 9 months!

I recommend you take a look at Small pet select and use the cade gpigcages to get free shipping
I prefer to buy in bulk when I can. SPS Is a bit pricey for me right now and since I already feed KMS it would be the best option for us.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
Thank you! That's all I needed to hear!! :) Now I have a good game plan for when they hit 9 months!

I prefer to buy in bulk when I can. SPS Is a bit pricey for me right now and since I already feed KMS it would be the best option for us.

I can feed the Timothy pellets I'm getting from KMS for my guinea pigs for the rabbit too?

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.