Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Best Store Bought Cages? (u.k)

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Square cage used for a hedgehog, different color, same measurements:
DSC01604.JPG

I would recommend the 160 cage, but this is also meets the recommended size guidelines.

brownthepiggie

Cavy Slave
Square cage used for a hedgehog, different color, same measurements:
DSC01604.JPG

I would recommend the 160 cage, but this is also meets the recommended size guidelines.
Out of both of those cages, what would you recommend?x

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Do you know another website they sell them but cheaper? Ive been searching but cant find any x

Not right now unfortunately, I live in Sweden & they go under another manufacturer name so it's hard to track down internationally.

brownthepiggie

Cavy Slave
Not right now unfortunately, I live in Sweden & they go under another manufacturer name so it's hard to track down internationally.
They're both massive compeared to what they look in the picture!x

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
They're both massive compeared to what they look in the picture!x

Yes I know. :)
Measure your home & the caravan and see if you can fit either in there, but I do recommend the largest one for permanent housing.
Alternatively you could use a smaller temporary cage during your trips. A C&C cage would actually work really well for this as you can take it apart & build a smaller cage when you need to, and zip ties will hold it safely together. (broken link removed)

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
I just remembered you already have a 9.38 sq ft cage, a good upgrade in the future would be the 160 cage or a 2x5 C&C if you have the room for it. :) But your current cage is okay. I don't see a reason to spend money on the square cage as it's only a tad larger.

brownthepiggie

Cavy Slave
I just remembered you already have a 9.38 sq ft cage, a good upgrade in the future would be the 160 cage or a 2x5 C&C if you have the room for it. :) But your current cage is okay. I don't see a reason to spend money on the square cage as it's only a tad larger.

I know, thanks. Though £100 is a lot, I don't have the money, because I have been saving up for something else:(

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
I know, thanks. Though £100 is a lot, I don't have the money, because I have been saving up for something else:(

It's not an emergency at all, your current cage is fine. :)

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Those cages are huge. I think folding up the coroplast so it lays flat and taking apart the grids would take up so much less space during transport. You can zip tie the grids into one long strip and then it will just accordion fold it down. When you get where you are going open it up into a big pen and put the coroplast back in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.