Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Best Store Bought Cages? (u.k)

brownthepiggie

Cavy Slave
Need a very large store bought cage for two friendly females? They are quite small though, and don't really run around. Prices about 60- under please:)

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't recommend any store-bought cages. Even the largest ones are too small - especially for TWO pigs. Why not get a box of grids (available on Amazon.uk.com) and some coroplast and make a C&C cage?

brownthepiggie

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't recommend any store-bought cages. Even the largest ones are too small - especially for TWO pigs. Why not get a box of grids (available on Amazon.uk.com) and some coroplast and make a C&C cage?

Well, we always go on holiday and c&c cages are hard for transport:(

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Outside measurement 10.7 sq ft: (broken link removed)
Inside measurement ~12.5 sq ft: (broken link removed)

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
You take your pigs with you on vacation? How often do you go on vacation? In addition to my C&C cages, I have several grids ziptied together so they fold together into a pile for when I am cleaning the cages or when I need to temporarily bring the pigs somewhere (like when I lived at school and came home for Christmas).

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Outside measurement 10.7 sq ft: (broken link removed)
Inside measurement ~12.5 sq ft: (broken link removed)

Those would work for travel in the car only. Not as a regular cage for the pigs. Far too small. There's nowhere for them to run laps or even turn around. Where does the water bottle go? Where would a hidey go? How about food bowls?

Last edited:

brownthepiggie

Cavy Slave
Those would work for travel in the car only. Not as a regular cage for the pigs. Far too small.

I thought 12.5 qt ft was big? Ive nevr had a c&c cage , and I do go on holiday such as caravan but when I go abroad I'd give my grampa the pigs x

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Those would work for travel in the car only. Not as a regular cage for the pigs. Far too small.

What do you base that on?
The first cage is definitely above 7.5 sq feet inside, the second just below 13 sq ft which is roughly the size of a 2x5. Plenty large enough for 2 pigs.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I thought 12.5 qt ft was big? Ive nevr had a c&c cage , and I do go on holiday such as caravan but when I go abroad I'd give my grampa the pigs x

That cage is not 12.5 sq ft.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
What do you base that on?
The first cage is definitely above 7.5 sq feet inside, the second just below 13 sq ft which is roughly the size of a 2x5. Plenty large enough for 2 pigs.

Just imagine for a moment, two pigs in that box cage? They would fill the entire space just standing still. No room to move around. No room to even lay down. No room for a hidey, food bowl, water bottle.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Guineas need room to run laps. You really think they can run laps in either of those cages? Plus you have to remember there will be food bowls, water bottles, hideys, all in that cramped little space. It gets smelly faster, dirty faster. The pigs are basically eating, sleeping and using the bathroom all in the same little area.

brownthepiggie

Cavy Slave
Just imagine for a moment, two pigs in that box cage? They would fill the entire space just standing still. No room to move around. No room to even lay down. No room for a hidey, food bowl, water bottle.
The cage ive got the now is about 12-13 sq ft

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave

Even when I reduce the measurements 1 inch on both sides to get a sense of the inside measurements on the square cage, it's still 10 sq ft. It's more a personal preference if you like longer cages vs squared. Both cages meet the minimum size recommendations stated on the official page, the second one exceeds it with it's 12.5-12.8 ft inside measurement, which is just slightly smaller than a 2x5. We have larger Europe than you do in the US.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Guineas need room to run laps. You really think they can run laps in either of those cages? Plus you have to remember there will be food bowls, water bottles, hideys, all in that cramped little space. It gets smelly faster, dirty faster. The pigs are basically eating, sleeping and using the bathroom all in the same little area.

What on earth are you talking about? The first one is larger than a 2x3, almost a 2x4, the second one just sliiiightly smaller than a 2x5.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
What on earth are you talking about? The first one is larger than a 2x3, the second one just smaller than a 2x5.

Unless you are looking at different pictures than I am, the first one MIGHT be a little more than a box. Looks like it MIGHT be about the size of a 1X1 grid cage but more likely even smaller than that.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Unless you are looking at different pictures than I am, the first one MIGHT be a little more than a box. Looks like it MIGHT be about the size of a 1X1 grid cage but more likely even smaller than that.

The pictures doesn't do either cage justice, I've seen both in real life & personally measured the largest one (which I highly recommend for those who can't get a C&C.)

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
The second 160 cage (Not my picture):

kaninbur.jpg

brownthepiggie

Cavy Slave
The pictures doesn't do either cage justice, I've seen both in real life & personally measured the largest one (which I highly recommend for those who can't get a C&C.)

Do you know another website they sell them but cheaper? Ive been searching but cant find any x

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.