Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids C&C Cage Supplies - Where to purchase?

CavyQueen1

Cavy Slave
[SUB]Where to purchase grids for a C&C cage? Any ideas? Also, I've heard people talking about a stand.. What would this look like and where can I get one?[/SUB]

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
Well I got my grids at k-mart but you can also get them at bed bath and beyond. You can make a stand out of grids or use tables I use a table. You could look in the photo gallery for pictures of C&C cages with stands.

StarTaleMaddnes

Cavy Slave
we got our grids at bed, bath, and beyond and stands are sort of limited to your imagination. I think the simplest way would be to go to a thrift store and look at old tv stands, coffee tables, or even two end tables put together.

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
Yeah the best would be probably on here you can buy everything needed for a C&C cage on here plus fleece items and fleece flippers. Also you can buy a grid stand there with bins.

Traysea

Cavy Slave
I got my grids at walmart online and my coroplast I ended up buying from the cage store. I highly recommend buying at least your first coroplast tray from the store it's well worth buying to have it fit well and be pre scored and ready to go. At the very least you can use it as a template for replacement trays. I also bought my stabilizer bars, storage bins and patio on the cage store site.

Here is a photo of my cage with the stand. If I had it to do all over again I would do my cage and stand separately and tie wrap them together so that I could rearrange it more easily.

559385_10201753336612320_987305095_n.jpg

Traysea

Cavy Slave
oops, that's an older photo it doesn't have the patio installed, here is an update photo:

1376386_10201809225809515_1566779818_n-1.jpg

Rayen

Cavy Slave
You can usually look on stores' websites around where you live to see if they have them. I know Walmart carries a brand, Home Depot had some last I checked as well. Coroplast can usually be found in home improvement-type stores or sign stores (I usually get mine in Rona or Home Depot).

You can usually put some kind of wording like cube shelving into their search engine to look to see if they have anything. Try and make sure that all of the pieces have 9 squares along the side, in recent years they seem to get more cheaply made with larger spacing.

As for stands, you can use almost anything that fits the cage and works in your space. I built mine out of extra storage cube grids, you can use a large table, you can build your own out of whatever.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
If you want everything easy, purchase from the forum's store. They come complete with instructions, every piece you'll need and the coroplast is definitely 10X easier from the store. I had a heck of a time trying to cut/score my coroplast direct from one of the suppliers.

Otherwise, I got my grids from Bed Bath & Beyond and my coroplast from Sabic Polymershapes, 4'x8' sheet for $15 for colored and $10 for white.

korryn92

Cavy Slave
I purchased my grids from Amazon, and the coroplast from a sign company on the internet. The company wouldn't ship it in one piece so it was a pain to put together.

If I would have known about the store on here before I would have gone with that since it takes the work out of figuring out how many grids and how much coroplast you need for it.

DianeTWrite

Cavy Slave
I saw some at Walmart. Right now, I'm trying to scrounge funds to get my Princess a bigger Castle. I underestimated her size and her current digs are a bit crowded to say the least.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I got most of mine at Goodwill or on Craigslist.

Weluvpigs

Cavy Slave
I got the grids at Wal-mart. Did site to store for free delivery. I'm lucky, here in San Diego we have a plastic company that sells 48"x96" coroplast sheets for $15.00.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.