Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Impaction Impaction, i think my 1 year old has anal impaction (male)

Cavi_lover1

Cavy Slave
well my boy Sherman i think he is impacted. He is 1 year and 4 months old and i know that young ones do not get impacted (usually). well yesterday I was holding him in my lap and I felt a lump back there. i usually check them once a week the anal sac ears and skin just to make sure that everything is going okay. Well since i felt the lump I pulled back the anal folds and there was a big limp of fecal matter. I attempted to get it out so I put him in a warm bath for about 8 minutes got him out and put mineral oil around it. But i only got about half of it out. I stank to high heaven and he ate a little of it (which i know they do because its the cecal pellets)(sp). But it still has half of it in there and he is still not pooping. I am planning on taking him to the vet this weekend as that is the only time i have a car. but my question is what should i do? 023.jpg024.jpg

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
He is young to be getting impacted. Try to figure out why--is his cage too small? Does he have a companion to keep him active? Does he have a good diet--a good quality hay at all times?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.