Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK buying accessories and cages in UK - hard work!

kayelljay

Cavy Slave
I've noticed this a lot, there seems to be hardly anything for guinea pigs in shops around the UK. I find it so hard to find nice accessories, fleeces, cages etc for my guinea pig in shops. I know we can always buy things online (and I do love a good online shop!) but sometimes I like to actually go to a shop and look at stuff for my guinea so I can see what its like before it gets posted through my front door. Maybe its just me, but I just feel there isn't a good place to go and buy toys and things for her. Does anyone else agree?

Shelbz

Cavy Slave
I live near Newcastle upon Tyne and unfortunately there aren't any "guinea-pig/small pet" specific stores, though I know that it's very unlikely US pig owners have them either. You can find fleece sellers in craft markets / children's blankets if you want to actually see it before you buy it, and there's always the option of making your own accessories if online shops irritate you too much. I point-blank refuse to visit pet stores as, to be honest, the only "accessories" they tend to sell are completely inappropriate for guinea pigs, such as running balls and fattening seed sticks. I am terrible at sewing and source all of my things online: if they're not what I want, I send them back, simple as! It is frustrating that there's not an adorable little shop filled with fun and interesting things nearby, but there are a tonne of them online, so it's the next best thing.

Here are a few of the websites I love:

For accessories:

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
Amazon is brilliant for hiding houses etc, and the review system is helpful.

For Fleece:
https://www.abakhan.co.uk/ Ordered by the metre and returnable provided you don't start cutting it up etc before you send it back.
https://www.myfabrics.co.uk/fleece-fabrics.html
Don't forget crafts markets/ASDA/Tesco's/Amazon for this too.

For (premade) Cages:
https://www.candcguineapigcages.co.uk/ - The UK equivalent of the cages store here.
Ebay sells premade CC cages too. If you want to completely customize, try B&Q, Wilkinsons, or a few of the links already mentioned on this forum.

Hope this helps!

Gowroo

Cavy Slave
The only place I am aware of here in South Wales is the local Pets at Home (or pet cemetery as we have affectionately nicknamed it) as we have very little in the way of local pet shops/suppliers. I'm really not a fan of this place however and only pop in if I'm utterly desperate for an essential. I find they stock things that are highly unsuitable for piggies as well as missing a lot of the essentials. Sadly on-line is the place I do the majority of my shopping.

Thanks to Shelbz for the hammock link.. Some awesome stuff there and a girl can never have too many hidey pockets right?. No offence to the other links btw - they're already saved on the browser! :D

kltohlman

Cavy Slave
Etsy is also a good place to look. Just make sure the sellers deliver out of US/to your location

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
PiggiePigPigs is amazing and is based out of the UK!
(broken link removed)

1CrazyCavy

Cavy Slave
Hey, I do not know if people use the ones with the plastic insert instead of the full grid, but I saw them in Discount UK, at the Edinburgh straighton store, here is a picture x IMAG0775.jpg

hectorandpercy

Cavy Slave
pet supermarket is good i get everything from there

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I use amazon to find a lot of the 'nice' guinea pig stuff, like hideys similar to cozy cups etc, because being in the UK I know just how hard it is to come across anything other than a plastic pigloo!

(broken link removed) little pet warehouse is a favourite of mine, because they sell really lovely things like the soft beds etc. Pet supermarket is good too, Pet warehouse as well depending on where you are because Pet Warehouse is north west based I think.

Newbielou

Cavy Slave
Hi im based in the uk and make fleece items for cages, at the moment I sell on ebay but im in the process of opening a website with shop facility. Hopefully in the spring ill also be selling herb and forage packs, willow sticks etc. I dont know if im allowed to post a link or not though and dont want to go against the rules.

Amy

Elmo525

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

I found this on ebay. They sell c&c cage kits at really good prices. They custom make to any size or build you have and can be delivered anywhere in the uk. Worth a look

MishImpossible

Cavy Slave
I think it's the same with most other kinds of shops compared to online now. There is more choice online. I go into pet stores for basics like food and hay but for cosies, tunnels and cage liners, I can only find things online.
I recently discovered https://www.candecosies.co.uk/ though and they seem to have lots of nice stuff with a choice of fabrics.

GuineaPigMania2

Cavy Slave
I found it pretty easy to find Correx where I live, but we found it hard to buy cubes so made are walls higher and left the cubes out. I also recommend PiggiePigPigs although her shop can be expensive sometimes :)

amaya1982

Cavy Slave
Hi guys I had to give my guinea pig back for adoption due to suffering allergies...I still have all the food and other stuff and also cage if anyone would like to buy all this which I am selling for about £85 (pick up only) as I don't have a car . I will post a picture later of all the stuff and also my email address if your interested.

Heather_GP

Cavy Slave
Hey guys, if you look up 'The Sqube Factory' on facebook, she makes some amazing products (Beds, Tunnels, Tubes, Lap Pads, etc.) and makes large donations out of the money made to guinea pig rescues in the UK. Her products are also tested by rescue pigs and come highly recommended.

I also got my cubes from amazon for £31.50 & correx sheet 1.2x2.4, 4mm thick from ebay for £17.50 (fast free next day delivery)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.