Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meet my guinea pig Bruce

Hi all I'm new to this site my names Amanda I live in the Uk i currently have one piggie called bruce who is 1 i have had him since 6 weeks old I get him out everyday and pet him but he doesn't seem to be calm on my lap ? Also he is a little nipper at times any ideas on how to make him more calm and make him trust me ? I know that people say they way to a piggies heart is veggies/food but I have tried this any suggestions ,, I am in progress of making a c&c cage and getting him a friend what age would be best to get another guinea pig for him thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	55454  

Thanks
    Thanks
    26 Rec'd/24 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Hiiii

Hi Amanda!
    Welcome to the forum! Bruce is so cute!
    Your pig will be very happy getting a friend. I would suggest you get one approximately his age. Do you have any shelters nearby you could check out?
    Chances are, Bruce will get braver when he's not by himself anymore. Pigs believe in safety in numbers!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    113 Rec'd/82 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Re: Hiiii

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    What an adorable piggy I have a Bruce too!
    I bet Bruce is still just getting used to his new environment and depending on how much human interaction he was used to before you adopted him, this might be new to him as well. just be patient with him, he'll come around also, I would suggest that you put his cage in an area of your house/apartment with a lot of activity and you and your family around a lot so he gets used to all the noise and commotion and doesn't feel as lonely until you can get him a friend. though I'm pretty sure he's a happy piggy from the amount of time you seem to commit to him actually, our Bruce wasn't the biggest fan of lap time at first either, he would get bored after a few minutes and want to go on to the next adventure but over time he got more used to all of us and is now a lot calmer when it's lap time. I would also suggest that when he has floor time, sit down on the ground with him, that way he can come around you on his terms and in his time, sniff and nibble on you - and hopefully/probably count on getting a treat or two as a reward for coming around

I wish you all the best of luck with your piggy, your new cage project and the search for the perfect friend for Bruce!

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,440 Rec'd/991 Posts
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Quoted
    697 Post(s)

Re: Meet my guinea pig Bruce

@Morristinka5 - remember to title your threads in a descriptive way so people don't have to look at the thread to know what it's about. That's what these notes right next to where you would enter the title are about:

BE DESCRIPTIVE, but SUCCINCT with your TITLE!Create helpful titles! "Help!" and such are TERRIBLE titles and have to be edited by moderators. Do YOU want to have to click into every post to get an idea of what it's about? NO ONE DOES.

Calling it "Hiii" isn't helpful to anyone.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Guys for the help and will take in all advice given to me and i am currently new to this forum thing and still learning LOL !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck! He is gorgeous.

Thanks
    Thanks
    55 Rec'd/49 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

I think everyone have covered your questions, so i'm just going to say welcome to the forum! ^_^

User Tag List