Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Precious Angel

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My Little Precious has now become an Angel.

Last night I went into my room to give everyone their veggies and as always I checked where Precious was to put their veggies near her...she wasn't moving and was lying down still..I thought she was dead. I picked her up, she was still alive but barely, I gave the rest of her cage mates their veggies and ran upstairs.

She wouldn't sallow any CC or water, we rushed out the door to the after hour vets as it was 8pm. On the drive there I thought she had passed away because I couldn't feel a heart beat..but no our little girl was still holding on.

The fee for seeing the vets there was $120 with-out them doing anything, mum said yes yes doesn't matter just help her.

So they took her, gave her injections for fluid and a couple pain meds.

In the waiting area we sat down next to a lady who had brought her dog in as he had just been bitten by another dog...we talked to her...well mum did I was in tears for most of the time. Her dog Teddy got brought out, they gave her his meds and everything else...then she left.

A minute later one of the vets came up to us and gave us a $100 note, she said the lady wanted us to have it to help pay for Precious.
We both were so thankful and so surprised. A stranger who had never meet us before and who didn't know us donated money to help my girl...we don't even know the ladies name and didn't get the chance to thank her.

At 9:30pm, they came out and told us Precious is still alive but her heart beat is very low and because of her size they couldn't give her something *might remember what it was later*. He gave us two options..to put her to sleep or to keep her hocked up and in their care for the night and then see how she goes.

Because we'd seen her, and how she was so close to death. We made the decision to peacefully put her to sleep. She became an angel at 10pm but we got to say our good byes first.

I had taken pictures of her that morning with the Pluto *The de-sexed male in the group* and will share them now.

Sorry if some of it didn't make sense. I am in tears writing this and miss my little girl so much. Yesterday her boy Ollie who she was rescued with went to his new home...maybe she stayed just so she could make sure he found a good home?

We are getting her cremated and are getting her ashes back. It is $475 to do that but we want her to be able to know we will never forget her and so I can feel like she's always with us.

(She was a 7 month old lethal white guinea pig, blind and deaf. She was rescued 2 months).

I can't post pictures on this forum so please for pictures of my angel feel free to look at her thread on guinea lynx - https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68574&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I so sorry you lost her. The little lethals just have so many strikes against them, and it's unfortunately not unusual for them to pass away in such a fashion. You can take comfort in the fact that you gave her the best care possible, and that she knew nothing but love and comfort while she was with you.

Swiss cheese

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. I just looked at the link and I think she was lucky to be one of your piggies! You took such good care of her.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss.... Boy, your vet fees are astronomical...... Do all the vets there charge that much?

violettedream

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. *sends hugs*

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
No. Just the after hours vets. They also deal with exotics. They're not our normal vet but they were the only ones who were open and would be able to help her.

C. Cole-Chakotay

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry about Precious. They just don't live long enough and take a large piece of our hearts with them. :(

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
This made me fall into tears reading it... im so sorry for your loss.. Im happy that the lady was so generous, we need more of people like her, the dog I grew up with was named Precious, she passed of a seizure, at about 13 years..I know how it feels, and im sorry :/ Sending good piggy thoughts your way :love:

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
Im so sorry! She had an awesome life with you, thanks for taking her in. That person reminds me of someone who was at the vet, when we brought colby in to get him cremated. She asked the vet how much it would be, (He was 23 lbs) and the vet said a little over $200 and she gave us $300 and said you can choose your urn, hugged us, and went back into the vet room she was called into for her dog. I cried so hard and Im glad there is more than one person like that.

Precious lived up to her name, and now can see, hear, and keep herself nice and chubby. Rest in Paradise Little Angel. Im sending you and your family little piggy licks from Virginia.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Lesley from when Guinea Pigs Fly is going to do a water painting of Precious for me, the painting she's already done for me of my other pigs amazing so am looking forwards to having one of my little angel as well.

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
I am so so sorry for your loss. I hope my baby Ella is up there showing her a great time at the rainbow bridge. You did everything possible to give Precious an amazing life.

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. Precious was a beautiful girl and, though her life was short, you gave her the gift of knowing what it feels like to be loved. :love:

TheMuffinPiggy

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry! She was an amazing guinea pig, and I thank you for saving her. RIP Precious. That person was so nice, though.

Artista

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss! What a beautiful piggy! Random acts of kindness is a wonderful thing. Like they say, give and you shall receive. That kind lady will be blessed. She had a nice life with you. Many people don't voluntarily take on a special needs animals animals. Kind of like how everyone seems to want baby animals and the older end of life animals are less desirable. I believe you will see all your loved ones some day, including beloved pets.

alphilip77

Cavy Slave
My sentiments exactly @Artista. I'm so so sorry for your loss @RodentCuddles. You gave her the best life possible during her short stay and even in her final moments she felt peace, warmth and love. Be strong during this difficult time. RIP Precious.

littlenme

Cavy Slave
So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and glad she had your love and care.

Lishar

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear you lost Precious! :(
She seemed like such a sweet pig... But I think it was good of you to put her to sleep, she didn't have to suffer any more that way.

R.I.P Precious

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Thank you all.

Something that is helping me is how she wasn't only loved by my mum, my brother and I but that she was loved by so many other people who had never meet her.

There has been so many people on here, Guinea lynx and on the rescue's facebook page who have said good bye to her...She has had 46 people wishing her well on facebook -

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
@RodentCuddles, make that 47. She was such an awesome little stinker. Gonna miss her deeply

alphilip77

Cavy Slave
@RodentCuddles: I know this seems like a tough question to answer since Precious was a LEW, but did the vet say what might have caused her passing? (Any specific problem i.e. URI, heart related, etc?) Again, you have my condolences and deepest sympathies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.