Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Guinea Pig Ball

  1. #1
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Jul 20, 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    115
    Thanks
    64 Rec'd/57 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

    Question Guinea Pig Ball

    Hi, so ive emailed this person about the guinea pig exersize ball they were selling, but all they did was tell me " Well it says 'for guinea pigs' on the package" and she wont listen to me ._. I asked her if she could possibly change her ad to a rat or mouse, or possibly hamster, so that more people wont get the wrong idea, am I doing the right thing? Heres her/his post
    http://denver.craigslist.org/for/3986728468.html

  2. #2
    Cavy Slave GreenConverse's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 05, 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    7
    Thanks
    5 Rec'd/5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    That happened to me too! I got so flustered. I was afraid that whoever bought it would put their guinea pig in it and then hurt itself. I will email them to and see if it helps.

  3. #3
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Jul 20, 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    115
    Thanks
    64 Rec'd/57 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    Thanks! I have a habit for putting my mouth ahead of my brain, so I shoved my mouth back in its place and wrote here instead , Good luck!

  4. #4
    Cavy Slave Coughingcolours's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 14, 2013
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    103
    Thanks
    25 Rec'd/18 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    Try sending her a link to information about how bad they are.

  5. "Thank you, Coughingcolours, for this useful post," says:


  6. #5
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Aug 21, 2012
    Location
    Boulder, Co
    Posts
    753
    Thanks
    70
    Thanks
    185 Rec'd/112 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    I have seen that often. I've also seen harasses and unhealthy food. I've had mixed reactions from people I've emailed. You can usually tell from the tone of their post how they are going to react. I've had everything from "Oh I didn't know, I'll throw it out/not use it again/sell it to someone with a rodent that can use it." to "So what?" to no response at all.

    The only thing you can do is send an email. You let them know and it has to be up to them to change or not. You do what you can and then it's out of your hands.

  7. #6
    Cavy Slave GreenConverse's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 05, 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    7
    Thanks
    5 Rec'd/5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    I just sent her an email and this pic http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...cle/guinea.jpg

  8. #7
    Cavy Slave Aleks's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 27, 2012
    Location
    Wyandotte, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    2,018
    Thanks
    587
    Thanks
    380 Rec'd/274 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    I had actually emailed someone around my area who was selling a pet ball on CL saying that it's good for guinea pigs and nicely told them that regardless of pet stores advertising them as such, they can actually cause serious spinal injuries to guinea pigs because their spines don't bend in the way that a rat or a hamsters do.
    I just got an email back and they said they would correct their ad on CL to say that it ISN'T safe for them and thanked me for letting them know.
    It was probably the nicest message back I've gotten from someone on CL.

    I'll send these people a similar message to what I sent the person in my area and hope for the best.
    I figure it'll go one of two ways. Either several messages from different people about how they aren't safe will either open her eyes a little, or it'll just make her annoyed and I'll get an angry email back. *Hoping for the first one*

  9. #8
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Jul 20, 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    115
    Thanks
    64 Rec'd/57 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    I had actually emailed someone around my area who was selling a pet ball on CL saying that it's good for guinea pigs and nicely told them that regardless of pet stores advertising them as such, they can actually cause serious spinal injuries to guinea pigs because their spines don't bend in the way that a rat or a hamsters do.
    I just got an email back and they said they would correct their ad on CL to say that it ISN'T safe for them and thanked me for letting them know.
    It was probably the nicest message back I've gotten from someone on CL.

    I'll send these people a similar message to what I sent the person in my area and hope for the best.
    I figure it'll go one of two ways. Either several messages from different people about how they aren't safe will either open her eyes a little, or it'll just make her annoyed and I'll get an angry email back. *Hoping for the first one*
    Thank you! and I agree, I hope it will make her see the point that its not safe, I sent her a link showing that the ball isn't ok, it was a link from here,but I forgot to input about the spine, thanks!

  10. #9
    Moderator CavyMama's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 19, 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,786
    Thanks
    352
    Thanks
    1,440 Rec'd/991 Posts
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Quoted
    697 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenConverse View Post
    I just sent her an email and this pic http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...cle/guinea.jpg
    I'm just curious, why did you send that picture? That's a picture of a guinea pig that has bleach burns. Not sure what it has to do with a guinea pig ball?

  11. #10
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Jul 20, 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    115
    Thanks
    64 Rec'd/57 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    o.O I didn't send that...

    EDIT : Ahahahaha, my bad!! I didn't see that the quote was from Converse! xD Sorry!!

  12. #11
    Cavy Slave GreenConverse's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 05, 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    7
    Thanks
    5 Rec'd/5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    I was explaining how just because pet store labels say it is for guinea pigs, doesn't mean it is safe for them

  13. #12
    Moderator CavyMama's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 19, 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,786
    Thanks
    352
    Thanks
    1,440 Rec'd/991 Posts
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Quoted
    697 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    Okay, so how exactly does a guinea pig with bleach burns help illustrate your point about pet store labels?

  14. #13
    Cavy Slave GreenConverse's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 05, 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    7
    Thanks
    5 Rec'd/5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    Not bleach burns ringworm http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/...Pig-*Pictures* that was from a petstore they claim to have healthy happy pets.......

  15. #14
    Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner spudsthepiget's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 15, 2013
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    1,248
    Blog Entries
    27
    Thanks
    818
    Thanks
    405 Rec'd/215 Posts
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    I saw this one add in the paper here where a woman was selling her guinea pig "with large play wheel included". I emailed her about that, and she has never written back to me. I saw her add again a little while ago, and it still had the exercise wheel included.

    Good luck with this person! Maybe if they get enough emails about it, they'll change the add.

  16. #15
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Jul 20, 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    115
    Thanks
    64 Rec'd/57 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by spudsthepiget View Post
    I saw this one add in the paper here where a woman was selling her guinea pig "with large play wheel included". I emailed her about that, and she has never written back to me. I saw her add again a little while ago, and it still had the exercise wheel included.

    Good luck with this person! Maybe if they get enough emails about it, they'll change the add.
    Thanks, that's what im hoping what will happen, the " Maybe if they get enough emails about it, they'll change the add. "

  17. #16
    Moderator CavyMama's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 19, 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,786
    Thanks
    352
    Thanks
    1,440 Rec'd/991 Posts
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Quoted
    697 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenConverse View Post
    Not bleach burns ringworm http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/...Pig-*Pictures* that was from a petstore they claim to have healthy happy pets.......
    In the photobucket link you posted originally, it is labeled "BleachMiracle/guineapig"

  18. #17
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Jul 20, 2013
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    115
    Thanks
    64 Rec'd/57 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    Lets not turn this into a rage thread o.O

  19. #18
    Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
    Joined
    Jun 17, 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    95
    Thanks
    44 Rec'd/19 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

    Re: Guinea Pig Ball

    I just emailed for the sake of helping out. Some people should do research before buying but then again pet stores are all about money. It only makes me wonder how well they treat their own guinea pig.

  20. "Thank you, GPlove94, for this useful post," says:


User Tag List

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •