Thread: Green Dreamzzz Litter - has anyone tried this?

Thanks
    Thanks
    23 Rec'd/20 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Green Dreamzzz Litter - has anyone tried this?

I have fleece throughout the entire cage for our piggies, but use litter in the kitchen area and in one litter box (that they actually do use). However, I really do not like CareFresh. It stinks. I clean their cage twice a day, and scoop out the areas where they have "gone", but I just don't like CareFresh. I'm looking for an alternative. I thought about trying Yesterday's News, but I see that it looks nearly identical to their pellets...so, I just don't want to confuse them.

Has anyone tried Green Dreamzzz? If so, what can you tell me about it? http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=26556

Or, do you recommend another paper litter that is less expensive than CareFresh but work better? I have read through several of the other threads on here regarding this topic already, but didn't find one about Green Dreamzzz.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,538 Rec'd/1,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1142 Post(s)

Re: Green Dreamzzz Litter - has anyone tried this?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy262 View Post
    I thought about trying Yesterday's News, but I see that it looks nearly identical to their pellets...so, I just don't want to confuse them.
    There is no way that you will confuse them.....their keen sense of smell is what guides them. Their sense of smell and hearing are both far superior to sight.

Sorry, but I've never hear of Green Dreamzzz. I can tell you that I tried Yesterday's News and didn't like it......neither I nor my cavies like the texture and noise. There are other folks here who really swear by it. I also found that it didn't control odor as well as the one I use.

Like you, I use fleece throughout my cage except for my two litter boxes. I have tried many different brands of litter and my hands-down favorite both in terms of controlling odor AND price is Planet Petco Crumbled Paper Litter (not the pellets). It also is more practical for me to be able to easily find the litter locally rather than perhaps needing to buy it online.....and having to pay shipping costs for a large bag.

http://www.petco.com/product/114718/...t=OnSiteSearch

Thanks
    Thanks
    23 Rec'd/20 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spy9doc View Post
    There is no way that you will confuse them.....their keen sense of smell is what guides them. Their sense of smell and hearing are both far superior to sight.

Sorry, but I've never hear of Green Dreamzzz. I can tell you that I tried Yesterday's News and didn't like it......neither I nor my cavies like the texture and noise. There are other folks here who really swear by it. I also found that it didn't control odor as well as the one I use.

Like you, I use fleece throughout my cage except for my two litter boxes. I have tried many different brands of litter and my hands-down favorite both in terms of controlling odor AND price is Planet Petco Crumbled Paper Litter (not the pellets). It also is more practical for me to be able to easily find the litter locally rather than perhaps needing to buy it online.....and having to pay shipping costs for a large bag.

http://www.petco.com/product/114718/...t=OnSiteSearch
    Thank you for this info! I will check out the one you mentioned and give it a try. Thank you for your input about Yesterday's News. I didn't even think about the noise factor. They are in our bedroom (my husband and I), and we certainly don't want a noisy litter. LOL

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner pinky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2,491 Rec'd/1,959 Posts
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1563 Post(s)

I like Fresh News bedding. It's a bit softer than Yesterday's News but still in pellet form. It's much more absorbent than Carefresh and Yesterday's News and much less expensive.

Thanks
    Thanks
    23 Rec'd/20 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

I decided to order 2 bags of the crumbled paper litter you mentioned @spy9doc, and 2 bags of the Green Dreamzzz. It appears to be new. The only reviews I found for it were on Amazon, and they were both positive reviews. I'll post back here after I use it and give my own review.

User Tag List