Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Looking for 2 texels or teddies free with cage or 5 dollars or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Why can't you pay more then $5?
Guinea Pig's aren't cheap, and in a year you're sure to spend over $500 most spend over $1000.

Do they have to be a certain breed? Why?

These threads are yours are they not? Why did you have to as you said it 'Get Rid' of your pigs ASAP before due to money and now you want to cheaply buy some more?

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...ea-pigs-for-adoption-ASAP?p=733083#post733083
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...r-separate-northeast-Ohio?p=733725#post733725
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/83683-Giving-my-Guinea-pigs-away?p=730041#post730041

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Now I'm scared. Thanks @RodentCuddles for noticing!
If you couldn't care for all those piggies, why do you think you can take more right after? Unless you or someone in your family got a job or won the lotto...my point is, piggies run expensive yearly costs, and purchasing them for dirt cheap won't offset that cost. You may not have to buy a cage, but you need pellets, hay, veggies, toys, grooming supplies (you want longhairs) and most financially stressful--vet care.

I don't know what's up. But we're all here behind you if you need someone.

peacegirl489

Cavy Slave
Okay well i have had guinea pigs for years and i had to get rid of them for certain othere reasons beside money and yes someone in my family got a job and my mom wants texels and teddies cause we LOVE those kind they are adorable. Yes we know they cost a lot but we know people out there have to give their pets up and we dont want to spend a ton just buying them when we can get cute good fun ones. So going on my post and judging me really makes you seem mean and rude. check the facts before you judge you just made me out to be some terrible person BTW I do know all about guinea pigs i showed them for a while so stop being so rude both of you thx bye

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
Why don't you try to get your old piggies back?

peacegirl489

Cavy Slave
Getting old piggies back would be cruel to their owners and imm looking for pigs to show

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Number 1: Showing guinea pigs doesn't mean you know about them. Showing is very stressful for guinea pigs and it consists of breeding, disease spreading, and often minimal cage sizes. Many times (just like with horses and dogs) the people are more in it for the ribbons over the animals health.

Number 2: Yes, we can actually judge you on your threads. That is all we have to base you off of, therefore we will use our resources. @RodentCuddles was only bringing those up because she didn't want these pigs (that are higher in maintenance than your previous pigs) to deal with the same issues your past pigs did.

Number 3: You should treat people how you wish to be treated. Speaking rudely will get you nowhere on here, so it's best to stop that habit. If I sound rude, I apologize and I am not meaning to, but your bashing a VERY important and well educated member of this forum, and I (along with most other members) will NOT tolerate it.

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
So your guinea pigs weren't worth showing so you got rid of them? That is what you're saying.At least the way you said it it sounds that way. Not trying to be rude just wondering. Also I agree with @YourSoJelly

aspecht

Cavy Slave
Number 1: Showing guinea pigs doesn't mean you know about them. Showing is very stressful for guinea pigs and it consists of breeding, disease spreading, and often minimal cage sizes. Many times (just like with horses and dogs) the people are more in it for the ribbons over the animals health.

Number 2: Yes, we can actually judge you on your threads. That is all we have to base you off of, therefore we will use our resources. @RodentCuddles was only bringing those up because she didn't want these pigs (that are higher in maintenance than your previous pigs) to deal with the same issues your past pigs did.

Number 3: You should treat people how you wish to be treated. Speaking rudely will get you nowhere on here, so it's best to stop that habit. If I sound rude, I apologize and I am not meaning to, but your bashing a VERY important and well educated member of this forum, and I (along with most other members) will NOT tolerate it.

Exactly! But I won't be so nice about it. Animals are not disposable. You cannot just get them then get rid of them when they don't suit you anymore. You make a lifelong commitment to the animal. Saying that you want an animal simply to show it is wrong on so many levels, and just proves the point that you are not a responsible pet owner more and more. I hope the mods delete this posting before someone does give you their pets. I can be quite positive that you would end up disposing of the new ones the same as the others when they no longer suit your fancy.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Okay well i have had guinea pigs for years and i had to get rid of them for certain othere reasons beside money and yes someone in my family got a job and my mom wants texels and teddies cause we LOVE those kind they are adorable. Yes we know they cost a lot but we know people out there have to give their pets up and we dont want to spend a ton just buying them when we can get cute good fun ones. So going on my post and judging me really makes you seem mean and rude. check the facts before you judge you just made me out to be some terrible person BTW I do know all about guinea pigs i showed them for a while so stop being so rude both of you thx bye

Back in February you posted that you had to get rid of yours due to money. This was your comment:

"Okay so i have 4 loveing sow guinea pigs. I love them to death. I have to give them away ASAP due to money my parents say. I want them to go to a loving home. For more info and pictures email me... "

Only a few months have passed since you got rid of your other ones. I think you should wait until you can afford paying for a pet so you won't give these up, too.

peacegirl489

Cavy Slave
Wow You people are so annoying u assume things welll obviuously i want one as a pet and showing them ya its what i do why cause its FUN and no it barely stresses my piggies out y casue i show them ONCE A YEAR at fair why cause im in 4-h ya so u guy2 2need to stop it right now gooodbye im done with this website u r just ridiuclause and annoying on so many levelsl and I DIDNT HAVE TO GET RID OF MY OLD GUINEA PIGS JUST CAUSE OF MONEY BUT CAUSE OTHERE REASONS TO so stop judging im not cruel to pigs u reallly think some 14 year old is cruel to guinea pigs wow get a life please! bye forever i feel bad for your piggies

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
I agree with @chesirekris and @YourSoJelly . Arent we an anti-showing forum too? Yea. We dont appreciate people coming and trying to get pigs to show.

Thats another rule! You shouldnt create drama when you quit. Haha. Read the rules buddy. We dont appreciate it. AT ALL.

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
Wow You people are so annoying u assume things welll obviuously i want one as a pet and showing them ya its what i do why cause its FUN and no it barely stresses my piggies out y casue i show them ONCE A YEAR at fair why cause im in 4-h ya so u guy2 2need to stop it right now gooodbye im done with this website u r just ridiuclause and annoying on so many levelsl and I DIDNT HAVE TO GET RID OF MY OLD GUINEA PIGS JUST CAUSE OF MONEY BUT CAUSE OTHERE REASONS TO so stop judging im not cruel to pigs u reallly think some 14 year old is cruel to guinea pigs wow get a life please! bye forever i feel bad for your piggies

Calm down. It's rude to call people annoying and ridiculous, and as far as I can see no one has 'assumed' anything, you told us in a previous thread that you had to give them up because of money issues.
Also, this forum is anti-showing, despite what you might think being in a small cage with many other pigs and people in a confined space DOES stress your pigs out. However, no one said at any point that you were being cruel to them, I don't know where you got that from.
Accounts on this forum cannot be deleted, it's up to you whether you post or not but saying things like 'goodbye I'm done with this website' and 'bye forever' is a bit pointless and a tad melodramatic..... You're also not allowed to post angry leaving threads or posts as another member said.

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
This thread is closed. We do not promote showing or breeding but at the same note education instead of attacking is key. Frankly I find some of the posts here out of line, no one should be judge by their posts. Explanations as to why its believed that showing and breeding is wrong is perfectly fine. All posters here, remember to take the time to read and re read the forum policies: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/81979-ALERT-Forum-Behavior-POLICY

@peacegirl489 I would advise you to do research as to why showing is frowned on and the safety risks your guinea pig(s) will be put into if you follow through with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.