Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Vet in Central PA?!

KimmiA

Cavy Slave
My 5month old pig, Basil has been acting like a normal, wheeking, popcorning, always hungry pig...that is until yesterday afternoon. Once I came back from a picnic, I noticed her afternoon pellets that I distribute were not eaten, and she was confined to one corner of her cage. She always hangs out in her hut unless if she's running around in the cage or eating, and being "normal"...but ever since yesterday afternoon she's been outside her cage in a corner huddled. I keep trying to pick her up, but she won't have it and starts getting finkicky and agitated.

I'm mostly concerned that she stopped eating since yesterday afternoon and won't move from the corner spot in the cage. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on? I would like to take her to a vet, so if anyone knows of a reputable cavysavvy vet located in Central PA, please let me know ASAP! thanks- I'm super worried. :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.