Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Redo-ing?!

TacoBellWinnieP

Cavy Slave
I redo my boys' cage like once a week because i always find a flaw in each setup (takes up a lot of floor space, hard to clean, etc). I want to redo it again but i don't know if I should? currently it's a 3X6 with 1X3 storage shelf along the back, and it's for my 2 boys. It takes up half my room though! I was thinking about doing a multi level stacked cage with a flip open top and flip down front for cleaning but Would it be good? Like I like how much space the boys have but now i don't have any space! I could do like 3 levels of a 2X4 or 5, but what do you think? or i was thinking a stacked 2X4 with a 3rd level that is 2 1X2 lofts and a connecting bridge.. Has anyone had a similar design or stacked casges and liked them? What didn't you like? Have you had just a big floor space and liked it better? Why or why not?

Sorry for so many questions, but hey, I'm curious! :)

Liviebrew1

Cavy Slave
I don't know but wouldn't that be hard to clean and isn't it suggest to have at least a two by five base level for boys? Just trying to help and I hope it works out because you need space too!!

TacoBellWinnieP

Cavy Slave
BUMP

and do you guys think its better to build up or out?

RandomCavy

Cavy Slave
BUMP

and do you guys think its better to build up or out?

definiteley out! :) ramp space is supposed to take up their running space, and extra levels don't count in their running space. I know that there is somewhere on this website (I think the home page) that talks about that :)

TacoBellWinnieP

Cavy Slave
I ended up doing a 2X5 with 2X2 L and a 1X2 + 1X1 L loft. they really love it and it's easy to clean, but doesn't take up so much space!

Liviebrew1

Cavy Slave
Great that is perfect for two boys!!!:)

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
o: Pictures?.. im so not a mind -..visual xD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.