Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Saskatchewan! (pigtures included!)

trenbeau

Cavy Slave
Hi all! I have just joined this forum today, in hopes of expanding my piggy knowledge. I have read quite a few books since deciding to adopt piggies and have also frequented a few other forums that also said that this forum was an awesome resource and here I am! I have adopted two piggies within the last month (so very new to having actual pigs in the house) Moogle a 9 week old Himalayan, and Frodo a year and a half old Im thinking sheltie-cross. They are both very sweet, Moogle is just starting to come out of his shell, and Frodo is very sociable already.

Frodo is in our small cage right now, because Moogle has a cold and has sneezed all over everything in their C&C. But Monday after a thorough cleaning, I should be able to introduce them and see if they will be cage-mates, or have to remain separate.

Im very excited to meet all of you and continue on with my piggies! I'm addicted already.

I only have a photo of Frodo right now, but I will add one of Moogle later!

Frodo.jpg
Frodo was dropped when he was a baby, so that's what is up with his back leg :( poor thing, I wish people would be more careful with their animals! But he has the sweetest little face, and the best disposition.

--Trenna

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
I love his chubby face! And welcome!

Liviebrew1

Cavy Slave
Aww I love him!!!!! Welcome to the forum!! :)

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness!!! He is so precious! I can't wait to see the picture of Moogle!

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! He's gorgeous.

Frodo is in our small cage right now, because Moogle has a cold and has sneezed all over everything in their C&C.
Guinea pigs can't get colds, it sounds like a common Upper Respiratory Infection (Which is a lot more serious and is almost always fatal, unfortunately, a lot of cavy owners mistake it for a cold). It's easily treatable though, and it sounds like you've caught it earlier on. I would take him to a knowledgeable exotics vet and get him some antibiotics.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
I second the love of his chubby cheeks! Makes you want to snuggle them up close! I might have to pignap Frodo....
Random thing, you know you're a guinea pig lover when your kindle has pignap as a word choice! :3

petgal49

Cavy Slave
Hi1 I am from SK as well! I have adopted my piggies as well and I am glad you have done the same!

skbrodie

Cavy Slave
What a handsome face!!! Also, it sounds like Moogle might have an upper respiratory infection, as someone else mentioned. Please get him to a vet ASAP. You should be able to get some medicine so he gets better!

Lissinea

Cavy Slave
Aaaaw, he's so cute! Welcome to the forum :) I hope Moogle is feeling better soon!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! He is too cute!

trenbeau

Cavy Slave
Hahahaha, aw thanks! I know! He is such a big boy, I dont think this photo does him justice. I was thinking he might be a cuy.

trenbeau

Cavy Slave
Oh I shouldn't have called it a cold! Sorry, that was a misrepresentation!! Moogle has been on anti-biotics for just over a week now, and is much improved. He's finished his anti-biotics monday, so that is when I will see about introducing them! Sorry all for the confusion!

Oh lord! Ill have to hide Frodo away if there's pignappers (hahah) about! But I must warn you, if youre going to take him, he eats a TON!

Thank you all for being so welcoming! It's definitely a tribute to this forum that Im on here at 1:30 am instead of being asleep! Everything is so interesting!!

trenbeau

Cavy Slave
Hi1 I am from SK as well! I have adopted my piggies as well and I am glad you have done the same!

That's awesome! do you live in a small town or a big city? I used to live in a really small town, but have just moved to a city for school. SK is quite a nice place, but really lacking in Piggie adoption places eh?!

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Oh I shouldn't have called it a cold! Sorry, that was a misrepresentation!! Moogle has been on anti-biotics for just over a week now, and is much improved. He's finished his anti-biotics monday, so that is when I will see about introducing them! Sorry all for the confusion!

Oh lord! Ill have to hide Frodo away if there's pignappers (hahah) about! But I must warn you, if youre going to take him, he eats a TON!

Thank you all for being so welcoming! It's definitely a tribute to this forum that Im on here at 1:30 am instead of being asleep! Everything is so interesting!!

Ahh, I understand now. Wishing Moogle a quick recovery (Adorable name by the way!). :)

janinehunt

Cavy Slave
He is such a sweet looking dude! Welcome to the forum.

BumblePiggies

Cavy Slave
Oh my guineas! He is too darn cute! =o)

Welcome to the forum...

trenbeau

Cavy Slave
Here's our little baby Moogle!

Attachments

mOOGLE.jpg

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh... I think that is the cutest Himi I have ever seen. And Frodo is very adorable as well. lol

petgal49

Cavy Slave
Messaged you!

NursePiggy

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness your piggies are absolutely adorable!!!!! I was hooked with the first pix of Frodo, but then when I saw Moogle...yes indeed, hide those piggies because they are pignapable indeed! I hope Frodo gets better...be sure you are waiting out the 21 days before introducing them...and supplimenting both with Vit C drops/tablets for guinea pigs since stress can trigger illness. Enjoy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.