Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Toys???

Samantha0412

Cavy Slave
I was wondering what some good piggie toys were?

kendalm7

Cavy Slave
To buy : Natural non died colored wood chews and natural stuff that you can tell isn't all glues together and is safe, I don't trust things that have bells inside but a lot of pet store toys have things that are marked for guinea pigs that are really unsafe like toys with small bells inside of them or peanuts and toys heavy died and toys with seeds on them!
free: toilet paper rolls cut down the middle completely, paper bags, cardboard boxes

https://www.guineapigcages.com/toys.htm

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I just give them toilet paper rolls (stuffed with hay sometimes) and they LOVE them. I also stuffed an old sock with tissue paper, then I put another sock over it so the ankle hole was covered (or you can tie it off). For floor time, I give them 12 pack soda can boxes with the ends torn off, they love running through them. I have also given them a butter dish I'd washed, they loved flipping it around.

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
paper bags stuffed with hay :D rolled up paper balls, toilet paper rolls...

for things you can buy, check out etsy.com for fleece tunnels, sacks and fleece forests :D my piggies LOVE LOVE -LOVE- those, and you can even make them yourself too!

honestly though the best 'toy' they have is each other :)

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Why pay for over-priced pet store toys that a majority of pigs won't bother with, when you can make cheap homemade toys that are far more interesting?
Brown paper bags stuffed with hay.
Toilet paper rolls.
Cardboard boxes (Filled with hay or shredded paper).
Cuddle cups (Instructions to make one: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/17507-How-to-Make-a-Cuddle-Cup-(requires-sewing))
Snuggle sacks/sleeping bags (Instructions to make one: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/43953-Making-a-quot-sleeping-bag-quot-cozy-(part-1))
A sewed sock stuffed with newspaper/bedding.
Scrunched up pieces of paper.
Fleece forests.

mellie_88

Cavy Slave
My best purchase for my girls has been a hay tunnel. They love it, they can chew on it, hide in it and also chase each other around through it. Didn't cost much for the amount of use they've got out of it :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.