Thanks
    Thanks
    523 Rec'd/459 Posts
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    415 Post(s)

Re: schedules

Mine get 1/8 cup pellets in the morning( 630-7am) along with a cup of diced cucumber, celery,and peppers( shared for two piggies)Lettuce, normally 4 leaves because I do not add that into their cup. The same for dinner(7-8pm) though the veggies will change some, I do give mine some carrot daily and a sliver of apple or another fruit. They have unlimited hay and water. I do give extra pellets to the old guys sometimes, I think they got more at the shelter, they are always begging for food. You should see them nose around the empty pellet dish. Though they are heavier now then when I got them, so maybe I do feed them more.

The 6 month old piggies weigh in grams

Huggle - 1037 ,Muggle - 1072

The 3 1/2 year old piggies weigh in grams

Knock Knock - 1217, Who's There -1360

Thanks
    Thanks
    57 Rec'd/42 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

I don't really chop Carlton's veggies. I cut the pepper into slices and the cucumbers and zucchinni into rounds but that's it. He likes the bigger pieces.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    736 Rec'd/509 Posts
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

Unlimited hay (refreshed several times a day) and pellets. For veggies, the girls get serving of a pre-bagged lettuce mix (I rotate the type) morning and night. Throughout the day, they get other veggies, including things like pepper, carrot, cucumber, and tomato. They also get fruit intermittently (several days a week). Most commonly it's grapes or watermelon, both of which they love.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    25 Rec'd/23 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Mine changes every week or so, as in I'll change from one type of lettuce to another, change my fruit, etc.

Right now (AM and PM):

1 leaf green leaf lettuce
    1 piece of carrot (about the size of a baby carrot)
    1/4 cucumber slice
    1 grape tomato (everyone except Willow, she won't touch them)
    1/8 green bell pepper

Their fruit for every other day is apple, currently.

Of course, they all get unlimited hay and 1/4 cup of pellets each day.
    -Herman-Oliver-Willow-Rosie-Chester-

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    114 Rec'd/83 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

When I wake up in the morning the pigs get 2 leafs of red or green leaf lettuce each along with one baby carrot each, I refill all hay racks. Then my dad comes in and gives them a snack of green beans or whatever fruit he is eating that day (Only twice per week do they get fruit) Then when I get home from school I give them some more lettuce. Than at about 7PM They get a big salad of cucumber, green beans, bell pepper, cherry tomatos, some lettuce, maybe some fruit. Then before I go to bed I refill hay racks again and give them each 1/8 cup of pellets

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    142 Rec'd/117 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

I just like to say I think it's funny that you all have said "when I wake up..." because my girls WAKE me up specifically to be fed in the morning and after that I go back to sleep! So anywho:

Anywhere between 5:30am-10am the girls get : Green leaf lettuce (1 to 2 leaves each), cilantro, carrot, zucchini, green bell pepper. And then I add in basically whatever is on sale or in the fridge. So usually celery, tomatoes, and cucumber, other colored pepper and maybe some kind of fruit.

Around 3pm ish they get 1/8th cup of pellets each

At night they get the same kind of veggies as in the morning and I add more hay to their cages.

I try to give a big variety because some of my pigs don't like some veggies while others absolutely adore them.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3bdulla View Post
    Can people tell me a few of their vegetable / fruit schedules?
    thanks
    My pigs are a little spoiled from what I am told. Every night they get to come out of their cage for about an hour or two and they get a big plate of romaine, parsley, sometimes cilantro, carrots and fruit. (I have tried watermelon, apples, grapes etc) They dont seem to care for cucumbers, oranges, or celery. I am looking for some new ideas as well!

Thanks
    Thanks
    55 Rec'd/49 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

In the morning they get a carrot and baby cos lettuce, at night they get green and red bell pepper and some cucumber and sometimes a bit of zucchini.

User Tag List