Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

she looks like an isabelle

3bdulla

Cavy Slave
Yesterday I was at my cousin's house, I noticed that he had a new dwarf hamster, he called her "bella" , beautiful in italian , then I said asked she looks like an isabelle, not a bella. My cousin then laughed, and told me her name was isabelle and that her nickname is bella.

Is it just me or do animals look like a name?

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
Yeah. I was know what to name animals by looking at them or at least what letter it starts with or what it has to do with. It is like by looking at them they are telling you their names with their eyes. I have some of the most random names.

Nessy

Cavy Slave
For me it's about colour, especially with human names. I have mild syneshthesia which means that senses are connected in ways that are not normally. I can 'feel' the combination of blue and cream together (feels like a cold spoon on the roof of my mouth. I know - it sounds daft). I can occasionally see sounds and I associate colours with letters, numbers, and peoples names. There is a lovely girl where I work called Ciara. Her name bugs me though because she has the wrong cloured hair for that name. Ciara is a dark-haired name (I know it's not but it really is to my mind) and she is blonde - it really feels to me like she has the wrong name. It would be fine if she was a Clara - that is definitely a blonde name (certainly not dark-haired, or a Claire (another blonde name). The names written down have colours too. For example Nessy is a red-oranage. Cheshirekris has two parts - Cheshire is yellow and Kris is blue. 3bdulla doesn't sit well with me colour-wise - the colours kinda get mixed and mingled.

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
I always wanted blue hair. ^-^ Or black hair. probably black so I blend in a bit. I remember hearing about this and thought it was kind of cool but would probably be annoying after awhile. I have had though where I think the names people have are like horrible for them and I always give them a new nickname because it annoys me so much.

Nessy

Cavy Slave
I always wanted blue hair. ^-^ Or black hair. probably black so I blend in a bit. I remember hearing about this and thought it was kind of cool but would probably be annoying after awhile. I have had though where I think the names people have are like horrible for them and I always give them a new nickname because it annoys me so much.

Go for it! I dye mine black. I wanted it black and purple but purple is really hard to acheive without it looking burgandy. I'd try a semi-permanent colour for the first go though in case you hate it! As for synesthesia you just know what you grow up with. Each experience which sounds so weird to everyone else is normal to the synesthetic. There are some who hear colours and if they enter a room with a strong colour it has a certain pitch. I cannot imagine that, yet it would be normal to the person who experiences it. There are others who see a beautiful colour display right there in front of them when they hear music. Mine is no-where near that level and although I have that very mildly with just a few noises I find it hard to imagine what it's like to have it strongly like that. However those who have it tend to spend much of their childhood assuming that everyone experiences the world like they do, and it would seem very strange to them if it were to be switched off one day. I used to know someone who experienced different kinds of touch as colours.
I do think it's quite common for people to think that a name does or doesn't suit a person, but it's different to everyone :)

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
My parents won't let me dye it because the rest of my family would get mad. I have tried to tea dye it a couple of times and have tried to find temporary dye that only lasts for awhile. I want it so bad. My hair has gotten a bit dark from not going outside apparently I haven't seen it but everyone says it has. I think I heard about where a person felt colors it was in a story but I do know the other kinds. That is just the one that sticks in my head.

Nessy

Cavy Slave
Ah well. I wasn't allowed to dye my hair black either, it's something I did several years after I moved out.

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
I don't like to think that far but I do want to just live in a house in nowhere with all my animals and internet.

3bdulla

Cavy Slave
@Nessy the 3 in my name stands for a letter in arabic.

3bdulla

Cavy Slave
@Nessy the 3 in my name stands for a letter in arabic.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have mild syneshthesia which means that senses are connected in ways that are not normally. I can 'feel' the combination of blue and cream together (feels like a cold spoon on the roof of my mouth. I know - it sounds daft).
Another synesthete! I have synesthesia as well :)

Nessy

Cavy Slave
@3bdulla You can bet that if I saw the letter as it would normally be written the colour of your name would be different to me than it is now. It's the 3 that conflicts :) I mean no disrespect though at all, it's just the way my mind perceives written names, certin wods, numbers and letters :)

@MochaAndMoo - yay! What's it like for you?

@3dulla again - sorry your thread got took over here. Going back to your perception of Bella and Isabelle I suspect (but don't know for sure) perhaps most people have views on what does or doesn't suit a particular pet, and it's different for all. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.