Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello Everyone!!

Astro2013

Cavy Slave
Well,today we brought home our new addition Astro!! He is a roughly 10 week old guinea and he is adorable.. crazy thing is we initially went to get a hamster and low and behold, man of the house seen him and he was sold. I think the fact that his hair color is the same as our son's won him over. :)

Anyway, when I was younger I had a white and tan male guinea pig that lived till he was about 7 and I LOVED him. After doing some research online I realized there is SO many things I didnt know and wish I would of then. We came across this website and already learned so much, and we are hoping to take some direction and ideas from all of you veteran guinea owners..

Honestly the lists of questions and concerns are already growing, so I beg for patience with me as we are making sure we do everything we can to give this little guy everything he needs!!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and your guineas!!

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, we're here to help each other!

Astro2013

Cavy Slave
Thanks, and don't worry, I have already started!! :)

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Welcome home little Astro! Piggy kisses :*

And welcome to the owner, of course! I didn't know what to call you. I can't call you Astro, because that's your piggy's name! Silly me :p

You will learn stuff you never even wanted to know about piggies. Top to bottom. Inside...AND out. I've learned a ton about boars, and I've only just recently acquired my second sow! Didn't plan on boars. But really, ask away! We can answer pretty much anything. And if we can't...the mods sure can! Good luck!

Astro2013

Cavy Slave
Hi!

sorry bout that! haha..

you can call me Pamela, and thanks.... just from wondering around the forum I have already learned so much.. like fleece.. who knew!!!??? right now we have bedding, a plastic castle house a bowl and a water bottle.. after looking at everyones cages and reading suggestions I already realize we will be buying new stuff soon!

great to meet you, I am sure I will be talking to you extremely often! haha

Lissinea

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I just brought home my first guinea pig and this forum has helped a lot :)

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! We are crazy(and I mean CRAZY) about piggy pigtures so if you have any please, please post them:crazy:! One of the most useful tools I've found is @Ly&Pigs food chart, here's the link https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...vy-Nutrition-Charts-amp-Poisonous-Plants-List

Once your little guy is older we'll get into the whole sac cleaning....oh heck you might as well see it now, trust me it's easy after the first few times https://s226.photobucket.com/user/brimstone_photo/media/Pet Photos/medical/100_7765.mp4.html :sick:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.