Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Back again!

Roses

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,

I posted back in 2011 that we had begun fostering for a local guinea pig rescue. We were able to foster 4 wonderful piggies during that time period and then we had to take a break from fostering. I'm delighted to say that we get to begin fostering again this summer for the same rescue. (Long story short... the kids and I foster the guinea pigs while my husband is deployed... he had returned from the first deployment and will be heading out again, so we are able to start fostering once more.)

Anyway, this time I have purchased a Midwest habitat, as I had tossed our old coroplast and am using our crates as a toy storage shelf. The Midwest cage can be folded up small so that will be helpful for storage and transporting it whenever we move. I'm working on creating some fleece liners using crib mattress pads and fleece.

I love coming to this site to research ideas! So I just wanted to reintroduce myself and say hello! I will add that fostering the guinea pigs brought so much joy to our family while my husband was gone. We loved getting to know each of their personalities and loving on them. We felt great helping them to be more socialized as they awaited their forever families. I also learned just how much work they require! lol Making them a fresh salad each day, cleaning their cage, dishes and water bottle, providing a stimulating and safe environment and making sure they had some floor time each day was much more labor-intensive than even I, as an adult and experience dog and cat owner, imagined! But it was so worth it! They piggies were just precious! Can't wait to meet our next foster!

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
Pigtures are needed whe you get them!!!

Roses

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much, Kelsie! That's very kind of you!

Will do, piggielover200!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.